What's new

Major League Baseball, 2021

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The Reds beat the Milwaukee Brewers 10 to 2. The team is doing many things right. Joey Votto hit a home run.

joe votto.jpeg

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The Reds beat the Brewers again. It was 2 to 1 in 9 innings. They swept the Brewers in 3 games. Joey Votto was a hero by scoring from 1st to home plate on a double.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The Reds played the San Diego Padres in their stadium to a sold out crowd of 40, 000 folks.
The way I looked at is if the Padres won the game , 40, 000 people would be very happy.
In the 8 th inning it was Padres 2 runs, and the Reds 0. So I was really tense at the top of the 9th inning.

The Reds came to bat in the 9th inning , and BAM , they made 4 runs. Wow!!! Such excitement! 4 to 2 the Reds are ahead. Then the Padres come to bat in the bottom on the 9th. And they knock the ‘h’ out of the ball and make 4 runs. So they win the game 6 to 4. It was very exciting and excellent entertainment. I’ll be listening on the radio tomorrow.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
When the Reds were in the American Association. The Reds' 150th was a big lie. Yes, a pro team played in Cincinnati in 1869, but it only lasted a year and a half. There were several other failed attempts at pro teams there over the next 20 years, mostly at the minor league level. The Reds didn't join the National League until 1890- so they're really an 'expansion' team.

Meanwhile, the key players from that 1869 Reds club moved back east, where in 1871 they started a new pro club in Boston. That club is currently celebrating 150 years of genuine, uninterrupted existence. They are the Boston/Milwaukee/Atlanta Braves.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The Reds got beaten by the Twins 7 to 5. It was a very long game and boring.

When the Reds were in the American Association. The Reds' 150th was a big lie. Yes, a pro team played in Cincinnati in 1869, but it only lasted a year and a half. There were several other failed attempts at pro teams there over the next 20 years, mostly at the minor league level. The Reds didn't join the National League until 1890- so they're really an 'expansion' team.

Meanwhile, the key players from that 1869 Reds club moved back east, where in 1871 they started a new pro club in Boston. That club is currently celebrating 150 years of genuine, uninterrupted existence. They are the Boston/Milwaukee/Atlanta Braves.
Played on the campus at BU at one point!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Played on the campus at BU at one point!
The Braves sold Braves Field to BU when they moved to Milwaukee, yes. By 1963 BU tore down everything but the right field pavilion/bleacher sections and the clubhouse building, which is now the BU campus police HQ. The Patriots played their first couple of seasons at Braves/Nickerson Field.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The Reds lost to the Padres again. That team is not good entertainment.

Top Bottom