What's new

Major League Baseball, 2021

Grew up in Detroit, so a Tigers fan. Lived in Detroit during their golden years and World Series win.

Live in Milwaukee now and I love the Brewers, but I'm not terribly optimistic about post-season play this year.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The Reds beat the Cards 8 to 7: The Reds swept the Cards all 4 games in St. Louis
Jesse Winker had 3 homers, and 6 RBI’s : 17 homers this season

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Grew up in Detroit, so a Tigers fan. Lived in Detroit during their golden years and World Series win.

Live in Milwaukee now and I love the Brewers, but I'm not terribly optimistic about post-season play this year.
How's Uecker's health?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Winker.jpeg

06796374-DDEC-4C8C-8A6A-3C12657A7BFD.png

It’s been a good week. 🙂
But other than that, Reds fans are my favorite opposing fans in the division. Not sure if it’s because of the team you follow, or it’s just something about the city in general, but they have the best banter.

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Ain't that the truth. It seems that every time a player gets a contract like he got (no trade, etc.) they get hurt and don't play.
Votto has an upside, if you enjoy watching those dead-ball era types like Wade Boggs. A lot of singles and enough doubles to drive in a few runs. But he's no Tony Gwynn.

Boston-Red-Sox-Logo-1976-2008.png

Have been a long suffering fan way before the 2004 World Series title, their first in 86 years. Used to heartbreaking disappointment, prior to that but the last several years have been pretty good. This year's team is doing better than I expected...it's a long season though.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Right now the Reds are beating the Cards 7 to 0
Jesse Winker had 2 homers and 5 RBIs.

I listen to the games on the radio: WLW 700 a m
The home of that great American, Billy Cunningham.....(not a political comment: Billy is Richie's older brother that was only on the first season on "Happy Days", when he left to play The Utility Man Position for the Reds! True story doggone!)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The Reds won 2 games recently. I’ll listen to them on the radio. They are playing well now.
Us Tiger fans thank you for the use of George "Sparky" Anderson, possibly the best Baseball Manager of all time!

Owen Bawn

The home of that great American, Billy Cunningham.....(not a political comment: Billy is Richie's older brother that was only on the first season on "Happy Days", when he left to play The Utility Man Position for the Reds! True story doggone!)
I try to listen to The Great American, but between news, traffic, Segg-man on sports, and endless advertisements he's actually on the air for only about 17 minutes each hour. I have a 22 minute commute home from work. If I get in the car at 7 or 8 before the hour there's a commercial on. At 3 before the hour Bill appears live and in 30 seconds says what'll be up in the next hour. Two more minutes of commercials. At the top of the hour there are 7-8 minutes of news, traffic, and weather, four more minutes of advertisements, and I'm pulling in the garage just as Bill's intro bumper tune, "Bad to the Bone" starts to play.

Top Bottom