What's new

Major League Baseball, 2021

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I’m rooting for the Cincinnati Reds
The Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco Giants, and the St. Louis Cardinals sound exciting
The Reds have Jesse Winker as a good hitter
The Reds just beat the Brewers: Jesse hit 3 home runs in this game

I will be posting more

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The Reds are awful once again this year. As a baseball fan (but not really a Reds fan) living in SW Ohio this is a good thing, because it means that I can go to day games and sit in the upper deck directly behind home plate and only pay $15, with an option for every other person in my party to get in for $8.00. In NY or Boston, those seats would cost $200. The Great American Ballpark is a fantastic facility. Comfortable, easy to get in and out of, good sight lines, and a great view across the Ohio River into Kentucky.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Six no-hitters already is on a torrid pace to reach 20 in the season. Previous record is 7 in a year. In spite of itself and the All Star Game site debacle, MLB is interesting again. Go Cardinals!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The Reds are not doing well this early. I hope that 1st baseman gets well.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Rangers: Won 23, Lost 36 : They stink worse than the Reds.
Yeah, they’re in the middle of a rebuilding decade. They’re farm system is great either. It’s going to be a while before they’re contenders again. They have a really nice stadium though.

Owen Bawn

It costs more to park your car at the Reds' game than it does to get in the ballpark. $10 to park, $5 for a ticket.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
It costs more to park your car at the Reds' game than it does to get in the ballpark. $10 to park, $5 for a ticket.

A lot of the restaurants and bars around The Rangers stadium have free shuttle service before and after the game. You can go eat and have a few drinks at non-ballpark prices and catch a ride to game. After the game your far enough from the ballpark you miss all the traffic.

Owen Bawn

The Reds beat the Cards 5 to 2. That’s 3 wins in a row.
I remember a couple years ago the Reds dropped something like 17 of their first 20 games. Then they leveled out and were mediocre all summer. Cincinnati radio's 'The Great American,' Bill Cunningham spent the rest of the summer saying "If the Reds had only won those first 17 games they'd be in first place."

Yeah, they’re in the middle of a rebuilding decade. They’re farm system is great either. It’s going to be a while before they’re contenders again. They have a really nice stadium though.
They are always rebuilding, that is since their World Series appearance, yet I still love them. Thank goodness that the Astros do well, even when they aren’t cheating.

All that being said, I’m pissed off at MLB for allowing politics to influence their decisions and I’m boycotting MLB this year. I’ve not watched a single game since the day they moved the AllStar game.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Right now the Reds are beating the Cards 7 to 0
Jesse Winker had 2 homers and 5 RBIs.

I listen to the games on the radio: WLW 700 a m

Top Bottom