What's new

MaineYooper Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Member Interviews - Meet member MaineYooper

106282.jpg

@MaineYooper has been a member of B&B since Nov 13, 2015

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I was growing tired of the high cost of carts and couldn’t find a good alternative to the grocery/drug store offerings. I was looking online and came across DE shaving. Many queries resulted in links to B&B. I joined up, asked some questions and learned so much!

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I work in a community pharmacy setting inside a grocery store.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

New England, although I am drawn to the Pacific Northwest and have never been there.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Somewhere in the United Kingdom.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Science fiction books and good movies (not just anything, I have taste!)
Backyard astronomy, although I haven’t been observing the last few years for reasons

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

Cary Grant is a fave of mine, and in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse he shaves with an injector while waxing philosophical about the benefits of a single edge over an electric razor.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

My maternal grandfather. He seems so interesting and lived through so much history. And he raised such great kids, and had a life with my wonderful grandmother that seems like it ought to be movie.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

Changing careers at 37 y/o to something I wanted, instead of taking what was available at the time.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Think of others. Love your neighbor like you do yourself, in other words

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

Flying, if I could do it without losing my last meal!

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

A cat. Ours seem to lead such wonderful, restful lives, ha ha!

13. What kind of music do you like?

I like most kinds, but gravitate to hard rock and progressive rock. RUSH and Kansas are my mainstays.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Inspector Lewis

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

Much Ado About Nothing

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Get thee to the PNW, young man! I'm seriously jones-ing for a seafood roadtrip down to Newport, OR. Go over the Newport Bay Bridge, keep an eye out as you come off the south end. "South Beach Fish Market" is the spot -- order anything. If you like a little giggly pop with your seafood the Rogue Ales brewery is just across the highway and around a couple corners. Hit the factory outlet store for a Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout, grab yer seafood and go sit on the jetty.

Price of gas comes down a bit and that's what I'll be seein' in my windshield sometime this summer!

O.H.

Top Bottom