What's new

Maineshave facewash?

Is anybody here using the Maineshave facewash?
I know it must seem to anyone who has read even a handful of my threads that I am always changing from one product du jour to the next, but I can assure you that this inquiry isn't a prelude to me phasing out my Nancy Boy items. I have only been using the NB Facial Cleanser for 5 days now and I am very impressed with it, it will definitely stay in my rotation. Thing is, I don't think it is an ideal precursor to a good shave, and while I am happy to use it at night I want to experiment with different products for pre shave use. Also, for those of you who are familiar with my threads, pre shave prep time for me is often very limited; and whilst there is nothing I would like more than to spend ages luxuriating with a hot towel wrapped around my face, time constraints mean that i am unable to do this very often. Which is why I am looking for a practicable short cut, and this brings us neatly back to the Maineshave facewash. If one buys into the advertising hype found on their website then this product sounds as if it would be ideak for me, but I would like to hear from anyone who has actually used this product.
Warm regards,
Alex

I hated the Maineshave "shave cream" so much I just can't bring myself to try any of their other products. Of course, everybody has different tastes in these types of things...

HlSheppard said:
I hated the Maineshave "shave cream" so much I just can't bring myself to try any of their other products. Of course, everybody has different tastes in these types of things...

I wasn't particularly interested in the shave cream myself, but just out of interest why did you hate it so much?
Warm regards,
Alex

I know you weren't really looking for shave cream "advice," I just don't see many "outlets" for my rant about my Maineshave bad experiences!! :biggrin:

In some other thread on this site I talked about this vile stuff (I don't remember where).

It smells like the mink oil that I used to rub into my leather shoes as a kid. It's got almost a jelly-like consistency that does NOT want to play well with a brush. I does provide a decent amount of skin softening but not enough (by far) lubrication for a good shave.

Also, myself and the prior owner of this gem (I'll never learn) both experinced pink/red skin wherever the cream came in contact with our faces. NOT an allergic reaction or a rash, per se. It was more similar to a "flush" that comes when using some type of thermogenic bodybuilding cream (not that I do much of THAT, ether :001_rolle ). Granted, no harm was done and we were both back to normal in a half hour or so - just unwelcome and a bit shocking.

For me, perforance first, scent second. This product provides neither one of those critical measurables.

Top Bottom