What's new

Mail Call from Paladin

My tortoise beehive arrived yesterday. I'll try to get a pic up later today.

Two things really impressed me: The feel of this handle is incredible! It really has some heft to it! It feels substantial, it has gravitas!

Second, the smell of this knot is great! I can tell that Ken and company went to a lot of trouble to de-funkify these knots before they were shipped. Without a doubt the best smelling brand new knot I've ever experienced.

I did a test/break-in lather yesterday, this one is ready to go. I'll be using it for my next shav

Here are the pics I promised. The pic of the back shows the buzzing bee, but you have to look to see it...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Had my first shave with this brush this evening. It was great!

The soap was Le Pere Lucien's Oud Santal, an LE soap made for The Shave Nook. It's a softer soap, but that's not why I chose it, I just wanted to give it a try. The scent was magnificent, and the lather was classic LPL, thick, slick and creamy. It's available here: Le Pere Lucien OUD-Santal Tallow Shaving Soap (A TSN Limited Edition)

The tips on this brush are very soft, with just the slightest hint of scritch that I know will go away after a few uses. The backbone was terrific. And the flow through was great. This brush is not a lather hog at all. The splay was just about perfect.

I bowl lather, then apply, then work into my face with a few minutes of face lathering. This procedure gives me ample opportunity to check out every facet of a brush's performance. This brush performed admirably.

And as I already mentioned, not a trace of wet dog new knot funk.

All in all a fantastic brush. Highly recommended.

What are the knot dimensions on this beauty. I'm thinking very seriously about getting a Shavemac in tortoise just like this.

The Loft is 51 mm. the diameter appears to be just about 26 mm, but I'm measuring it right after using it, it is probably a little swollen.

Top Bottom