What's new

Mail call! 3 new toys 😊

Just received a package from London, and as you can see they are quite an attractive bunch!

3B61B9F3-D47E-4B8A-83EF-C34A6EFFF7C6.jpeg

From left to right I got a Vulfix #28 Pure Bristle (boar?), and Simpsons 46 Berkeley and Special both in pure badger.

I haven’t owned a Simpson brush since my last one (Duke 2 pure) got destroyed by a family member 😒 so I’m looking forward to testing both of these.

I got the Vulfix more for sentimental reasons, because it looks quite similar to my grandfathers old Culmak brushes. Oh, and I really like boar/bristle brushes 😎.

Only question now is which one do I start breaking in first?

Thanks all, and happy shaving!

R

I can see into the future.

I see many great lathers in your future.

Enjoy, just pick one, there will s no wrong answer with that great group.

Just received a package from London, and as you can see they are quite an attractive bunch!

View attachment 1322379

From left to right I got a Vulfix #28 Pure Bristle (boar?), and Simpsons 46 Berkeley and Special both in pure badger.

I haven’t owned a Simpson brush since my last one (Duke 2 pure) got destroyed by a family member 😒 so I’m looking forward to testing both of these.

I got the Vulfix more for sentimental reasons, because it looks quite similar to my grandfathers old Culmak brushes. Oh, and I really like boar/bristle brushes 😎.

Only question now is which one do I start breaking in first?

Thanks all, and happy shaving!

R
Break in the boar brush.

Break in the boar brush.

Oddly enough I decided to start with the Vulfix, as boar/bristle seems to take the longest to break in IMO. Strangely it was very soft straight out of the box, unlike any other Vulfix I've tried in the past.

Most likely will move onto the Berkley in a couple of weeks to start breaking that in..

I bough the # 28 a few years ago and can relate to the softness part. Its a really nice brush imho. Like you I bought it for its old / classic looks.

Top Bottom