What's new

Maiden Voyage with new Sabre

proxy.php

Maiden voyage with New Sabre! I used the same blade I've been using in my micromatics (Gem PTFE). So, this was the 4th shave on this blade. i didn't want to risk a dud blade on the maiden voyage. This was probably a good call. That said, the blade is toast after 4 shaves for me.

Back to the Sabre. What a cool razor. The angle is a bit more finnicky than the GEM razors, but it's doable. I thought it did great for my first time. It's nice and maneuverable under the nose. I just feel cool using this. It has a nice heavy feel. Loading isn't too hard. Threading the weird post was easy. I'm glad i bought the stand for it.

Soap Commander Recreation. I've been on the fence about this scent, but decided to go for it today since it's a summer soap, and it's HOT out. Shaved great. I'm glad it went back into the drawer and out of the short term office storage.

Myrsol Don Miguel. This is a scent for which I searched for many years. It's just like the Viburnum bush outside my office. Beautiful floral scent. Fades pretty quickly, but that's okay. Light florals are fleeting.

Used the Infinity again. Great brush. Solid. Nice stiff, but not pokey knot. I didn't "need" an $86 brush, but I'm glad I treated myself. The shape and knot setting lend themselves to my technique.

Today was a 9/10 because I was new to this razor, and the blade was nearly shot. Excited to use this razor tomorrow.

The sabre is one of my favorite razors ever! I have a level 2, and I get very very long lasting shaves, and find it nearly impossible to get nicks or irritation. Plus, there's just something special about the way it feels! Congrats, and I'm glad you like it.

The sabre is one of my favorite razors ever! I have a level 2, and I get very very long lasting shaves, and find it nearly impossible to get nicks or irritation. Plus, there's just something special about the way it feels! Congrats, and I'm glad you like it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to indicate. I have a level 2 .9mm. Too mild razors are a bigger problem for me than potentiall too aggressive razors.

I've had 3 shaves with it now. I love it. Smooth as silk. Even did a rushjob on Sunday with Proraso Red canned foam. Still great. I highly recommend it. As long as the PTFE blades are available, I will be fine. It's kind of liberating to be limited on blade choice.

proxy.php

It’s the cover of giada de laurentiis’s cook book. Lol.

A HA HA HA HA HA!!!! That's hysterical! No wonder I couldn't find it. I spent waaaay too much time searching for that "album cover" on the internet. I knew I had seen it before, I just knew it! And I had.....in Barnes and Noble. I'm a pretty avid home chef type, and I always checked out all the cooking books when in Barnes and Noble. I don't remember when exactly, but I know I've seen that book cover. That's just so funny....well, to me. But I amuse fairly easily.

I was a musician in a former life. Between that, your user name, and the fact that I knew I had seen that before.....it could happen to anyone! Right? RIGHT??!!

I need to revive this thread. I used my level 2 Sabre this morning, after many months of neglect. About 11 hours later, I'm still feeling no stubble. I am very impressed, and don't recall this level of efficiency from prior use of this razor. Well done, Shane.

Thanks for reviving this thread, I never saw it before. I having been wanting a new gem style razor, picked up a Starling, this will be next. On sabbatical right now, unless a cheap polished one pops up lol. There aren't many threads on this , probably because it's a gem style razor so not alot of new hype.

I am probably ordering this in the morning, lol, do you ride the cap? It seems to work great on my 1912's, my mmoc still gives me trouble .

I don’t ride the cap of gems, and the 1912 was the only one I ever gave up on. (It was years ago, and I didn’t give it much of a chance. )

I’m a steep shaver.

Top Bottom