What's new

Magnetic soap storage

no, it's stainless and really cool looking...
however, you can not install it under the cabinet, you attach a plate to the wall and the stainless shell/cover is held by magnets only - i don;t think will hold a great deal of pulling weight.
Vertical or horizontal is fine, can hold a ton, since the cover rests on the back plate... the magnets are quite strong though..

yes, i was thinking to install one inside the cabinet (under the shelf) but you'll need some kind of metal coin glued to the brush handle... brushes are not heavy.

... sorry, yes, is the same... i was thinking of the previous one had... i see Amazon is $10 more

Last edited:
I'd sure like to see a pic of it once you have it all set up.

Looks like a great idea for someone with limited room

Okie doke--I will just order from Ikea. ...getting to an Ikea is too much of a pain.

Was planning to install the metal bar to the wall horizontally and store 3-4 tins on it. Will that work? Got any pictures?

lol, ikea will charge you $15 shipping :) there is one (i think more than one) around here, i'm lucky.
sorry, i don't have any pics

a metal bar will work - you need ~4" for one tin - but eventually will rust or scratch if it's painted. That strip is ~1" thick, much easier to grab the tin vs. a thin metal bar. Ikea tins magnet is reasonably strong on metal

Last edited:
Yea, ikea screws you on shipping.

I'm still trying to decide between this and just getting some wooden dishes for my Palmolive and Speick. But I like elegant solutions, and the grundtal system is definitely elegant.

no, it's stainless and really cool looking...
however, you can not install it under the cabinet, you attach a plate to the wall and the stainless shell/cover is held by magnets only - i don;t think will hold a great deal of pulling weight.
Vertical or horizontal is fine, can hold a ton, since the cover rests on the back plate... the magnets are quite strong though..

yes, i was thinking to install one inside the cabinet (under the shelf) but you'll need some kind of metal coin glued to the brush handle... brushes are not heavy.

... sorry, yes, is the same... i was thinking of the previous one had... i see Amazon is $10 more

For anybody looking for a magnetic brush handle, the Ever-Ready PBM's have them. I assume it's for attaching the brush to the underside of a medicine cabinet. But you could also use a rare earth magnet inside the brush during a restore for the same effect.

Top Bottom