What's new

Maggard's Shaving Soaps

So I have a friend that lives in Adrian Michigan the home of Maggard's. I'm quite jealous of he being a couple of miles away from this awesome shop but that's another story. For father's day she sent me a package containing two different Maggard's brand shaving soaps. These are made by a lady in Adrian and then packaged and sold under the Maggard's name. She sent me the Limes & Bergamot and the Orange Menthol. Both of these smell simply wonderful. Very fresh and citrusy. These are croaps similar in consistency to Razorock soaps. I have to say that the Maggard's have got a seriously good product here. I now have almost thirty soaps in rotation and some solid performers including Tabac and the new Razorock tallow soaps and this Maggard's soap can stand toe to toe with any of them. It's amazingly easy to get a thick, creamy lather that is super slick and protective. I already mentioned the scents being nice but they are even better once they are lathered. I shaved with Orange menthol this morning and the scent of fresh orange was wonderful. The menthol is on the mild side, just enough for a tingle I found. The shave and post shave feel are first rate though. If you're looking for something new to try in the way of software you can't go wrong with this stuff IMHO.

I agree. The Limes & Bergamot has fast become one of favorite soaps period.

You may like this thread too: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/404486-Maggard-Limes-amp-Bergamot

proxy.php

I got a couple sample containers and I have to say, the Lilac scent is absolutely amazing. The Orange Menthol just smells "orange-y", but the Lilac... the wife dabbed a bit out to rub behind her ears and across her lip just to be able to smell it more. If you like the scent of lilacs, you'll love this soap.

My first fougère! Thanks to Maggard Razors. It smells great, I know what I'm using tomorrow. Feels great to support a Michigan business and a Michigan artisan.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403999682.604506.jpg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A friend from the US will ship me soon one of these to try. I asked for the Limes & Bergamot scent, since I love citrusy fragrances especially during hot summer days. Really excited to test this new (for me) US Artisan soap!

I wish you could smell these soaps through your screen.

I agree! I used the Limes & Bergamot again Friday. It has become one of my "Top 5"!

The two latest scents look great. I have the Fougere Sauvage on the way!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Will have to put that on my list to try. Whos may i ask the lady Adrian? Does she make and sell soap under any other brand?

Glad to see a good review of these ... I'm a happy Maggard's customer, and now I have another reason to place a new order with them :)

My Fougere Sauvage was delivered today......to the wrong Zip Code! The shipping label from Maggard was correct, the Post Office screwed up.

I called the other Post Office and they are re-routing it today. Oh well............

My Fougere Sauvage was delivered today......to the wrong Zip Code! The shipping label from Maggard was correct, the Post Office screwed up.

I called the other Post Office and they are re-routing it today. Oh well............

Oh man that sucks. I got both new scents and they should be here this afternoon.

So I test lathered the two new soaps today. The Fougere Sauvage has a very light scent. It smells of fern to me, very clean and fresh. The Mango Sage Tea is on the other end of the spectrum as it has a much stronger scent. It's very "mangoey" if you take my meaning. Reminds me of something from bath and body works. It's not a bad smell but it's certainly prominent. The lather from both of these soaps is equally as good as the other two Maggard's soaps I have. Which is to say that it's very slick and very protective.

Jason, as to lightness of the scent of the Fougere Sauvage, would you say it is as light as D.R. Harris Almond? Or MWF? Anything you can compare it to? And how did it lather and shave? Thanks!!!

Top Bottom