What's new

Maggard's Razors and Free Shipping

Placed an order this evening for a different MdC Fragrance and some Myrsol K and noticed that free shipping over $45 wasn't being honored during check out. I reached out to them via Facebook and was told by Maggard's that they are not offering free shipping for a few weeks because 70% of their staff is not working and they are trying to curtail volume by 10% to keep everyone's sanity.

So with that being said, given that a large portion of their staff isn't working and you attempt to place an order, maybe overlook the $6.99 FedEx shipping cost and continue doing business with them for the great service they have provided us over the years.

I ordered a synthetic knot from them recently for less than 10.00 and didn't pay extra for shipping, but it was through their Ebay store

I ordered a synthetic knot from them recently for less than 10.00 and didn't pay extra for shipping, but it was through their Ebay store

My order I placed last Sunday had free shipping, but the order I placed this evening did not. Wonder how it is cascading to their eBay store at this point.

That's a good question. Everything still shows free shipping on their Ebay store at the moment.

I'm ok with this. I've always had great customer service from them and with the virus measures in place I understand why they would want to reduce volume. Hopefully free shipping over $45 comes back once things return to normal.

I encountered the same thing and decided to wait for a month to place my order. They are not asking $6.99 as a support fee but they want people to slow down orders. As many artisans have closed new orders and are directing customers to Maggards, I can imagine the extra orders that are coming in to Maggard, while their staff is on the thinner side.

So, if you want to help them out... delay your orders for a bit... and worse... please don’t order more items to make most of the shipping fee. That’s opposite of what they are hopping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically, you will see deals popping up if they are after revenue... they are removing current shipping offer because they are overwhelmed. They really seem to want less orders to help them deal with limited staff.
But you are correct as well... sustained revenue is just as important...I wish they had option to order now and deliver in few weeks option... that way, they can get our support but don’t have to feel overwhelmed in delivering them immediately

Yeah, I’ve also been spending more money lately on shave stuff, including at Maggards. I justify it given that a) I’m still working, b) these business are probably taking a hit revenue-wise, and c) the money I’m not spending on eating out can be used for splashes and soaps and stuff I probably would need anyway in the future.

Yeah, I’ve also been spending more money lately on shave stuff, including at Maggards. I justify it given that a) I’m still working, b) these business are probably taking a hit revenue-wise, and c) the money I’m not spending on eating out can be used for splashes and soaps and stuff I probably would need anyway in the future.
+1

Don't like those guys.
A day after they sent my order I got a junk marketing email from them. I am certain that I unsubscribed beforehand. I always do on all the vendor's sites. That means that they have automatically re-subscribed me back upon this order placement and I hence got this junk message.
They took advantage from my information for the sole purpose of their marketing.
I am done with those guys.

Typically, you will see deals popping up if they are after revenue... they are removing current shipping offer because they are overwhelmed. They really seem to want less orders to help them deal with limited staff.
But you are correct as well... sustained revenue is just as important...I wish they had option to order now and deliver in few weeks option... that way, they can get our support but don’t have to feel overwhelmed in delivering them immediately

I know what you mean. I'm in no rush when I order. I ordered stuff from Stirling too, and they have a message on their site that they're behind on fulfillment, but I wasn't in a rush.

I'm definitely trying to do my part to help some of our favorite vendors and artisans out during this tough time.

Don't like those guys.
A day after they sent my order I got a junk marketing email from them. I am certain that I unsubscribed beforehand. I always do on all the vendor's sites. That means that they have automatically re-subscribed me back upon this order placement and I hence got this junk message.
They took advantage from my information for the sole purpose of their marketing.
I am done with those guys.
This has happened to me many times from a lot of reputable vendors. When you get to the ordering part there is a box asking you if you want info pushed to you or subscribe to their newsletter or something like that. Many places need for you to check the box, some places have the box already checked and you have to uncheck it. Not the best way to do business, but it happens.

This has happened to me many times from a lot of reputable vendors. When you get to the ordering part there is a box asking you if you want info pushed to you or subscribe to their newsletter or something like that. Many places need for you to check the box, some places have the box already checked and you have to uncheck it. Not the best way to do business, but it happens.
That's an awful way of doing business if you ask me.
They have no box to check/uncheck upon placing the order. They only have an email list to generally unsubscribe from all newsletters, which I promptly did upon registration.

That's an awful way of doing business if you ask me.
They have no box to check/uncheck upon placing the order. They only have an email list to generally unsubscribe from all newsletters, which I promptly did upon registration.
So you won’t ever order from them again because they sent you an email that you were able to easily unsubscribe from? We’re all obviously free to buy or not buy from whoever we want, but I’d pretty much consider that commonplace nowadays no matter who you order from, use apps from, etc. It’s how all business stay in front of their customers, but we can of course unsubscribe, I’m sure we’ve all done it many times and will continue to do so.

Top Bottom