What's new

Maggard’s New Wesite

I’m actually having a harder time finding stuff on the mobile site.

I appreciate the “brands” search option on shopping sites.

Agreed. As someone who does pretty much everything from my mobile these days, the new site is terrible. The switchover happened just prior to making a purchase and it was not a good user experience.

On balance they still got my new straight honed and out the door in 24 hrs:thumbup1:

Ya, a train wreck on mobile… seems to have followed the annoying trend of huge boxes that each take up 50 % of the screen.

Gonna take some time to get use to it on the PC as well.

I really liked the old site, but i understand why online vendors need to stay up on secure, efficient e-commerce platforms.

Yikes! 😬😬😬 Maggard's new site is REALLY bad on mobile! I understand the desire to update the look of their old site, but they have created something that will keep me from just dropping in to skim the new releases. The Razor Company's site has a similar feel, but it actually works on mobile. I really hope that Maggard revisits this change.

I guess I was so used to looking at the old sight!! But to me yes it is harder on a mobile? I am sure they will make it more user friendly.
I have seem some sights upgrade to much better. Like the handle bar supply was a terrible one and now it is very nice.
I have never seem the opposite in good(ok) to bad(not terrible)

They definitely need a “WISH” list, esp. with their range of products.

Had over TWENTY items sitting in their cart, which I was using as a default wishlist, and when I signed into the new site, they were all GONE. 😫

Gotta admit - their site needed the upgrade. It was looking a little stodgy and low grade. 😦

They definitely need a “WISH” list, esp. with their range of products.

Had over TWENTY items sitting in their cart, which I was using as a default wishlist, and when I signed into the new site, they were all GONE. 😫

Gotta admit - their site needed the upgrade. It was looking a little stodgy and low grade. 😦
Why not leave a comment for Brad, HERE? :wink2:

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Agreed. The previous version was looking a little... Dated... In my opinion.
It was. But I love information density. I don't like a bunch of whitespace. I'm wired different than most folks.

So far though I like the new site too.

No excuse for this in today's mobile-first e-commerce environment.
There are some design approaches like progressive web apps, or they
could have considered responsive design, at the very least.
I haven't tried it on mobile, how was the old one on mobile? Never tried that either. I agree in Mobile's importance. The site uses the Shopify platform. Shopify claims to have some mobile and responsive themes so maybe that is being worked on.

Personally, I never order from my phone. I don't like tiny *** screens.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I just checked it out and it seemed to load fine on mobile maybe they addressed some bugs after rolling it out. It completely differs from their old site. Makes the old site seem like an antique actually.

This. There’s less categories now, at least on mobile. I’m sure I’ll get used to it. I’m surprised they still don’t offer to save items to a favourites list.
I would split pre shave and aftershave

it is a better looking site but if you are used to the old one…

This. There’s less categories now, at least on mobile. I’m sure I’ll get used to it. I’m surprised they still don’t offer to save items to a favourites list.
For me not the biggest thing but I prefer multiple categories when I search for something.
And from Europe I can not order alcohol based so aftershave not so interesting

Top Bottom