What's new

Maggard’s New Wesite

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I checked their website out last night. Very well done. Much better than the old version.

hmmm
Brad showed me the site a couple of months ago. The Mobile aspect was one of the top features he was going for. Showed me the difference on his phone right there. Hoping it is a bug that can be worked out.

I have only spent a handful of minutes on the new site, but a few issues jumped out at me. First of all, all the new bells and whistles cause the site to "stutter" when I first land on the homepage. Happens every time on my phone, and I just checked using a friend's stupid-expensive new phone, and I got the same result. Sure, I could give it a few seconds to finish loading before starting to scroll, but that is just frustrating, and I can't think of any other retail site that requires such patience. Secondly, when I do start to scroll, the product tiles scoot horizontally as the page scrolls up or down. Again, not the end of the world, but jeez it is annoying. And the third issue is probably the most head-scratching. There is not an alphabetical list of ALL the brands that Maggard offers. Yes, one can search a category, like shave soaps, and get a list of brands in that category, but I want a comprehensive list, across all categories on one page, and the lack of which I consider to be well beyond a minor nuisance. Like most here on B&B, I haven't "needed" anything shave related in years. I rarely visit shave sites looking for anything in particular, and I am instead checking to see if new products of interest have recently shown up. The lack of a master list makes checking this very difficult.
At the end of the day, using the new Maggard site on a phone reminds me of having to follow the dumb arrows as I wander through the entire store while at IKEA. Yeah, the store is clean and "hip", but it's really annoying if you just want to buy some damn meatballs.

Last edited:
I have only spent a handful of minutes on the new site, but a few issues jumped out at me. First of all, all the new bells and whistles cause the site to "stutter" when I first land on the homepage. Happens every time on my phone, and I just checked using a friend's stupid-expensive new phone, and I got the same result. Sure, I could give it a few seconds to finish loading before starting to scroll, but that is just frustrating, and I can't think of any other retail site that requires such patience. Secondly, when I do start to scroll, the product tiles scoot horizontally as the page scrolls up or down. Again, not the end of the world, but jeez it is annoying. And the third issue is probably the most head-scratching. There is not an alphabetical list of ALL the brands that Maggard offers. Yes, one can search a category, like shave soaps, and get a list of brands in that category, but I want a comprehensive list, across all categories on one page, and the lack of which I consider to be well beyond a minor nuisance. Like most here on B&B, I haven't "needed" anything shave related in years. I rarely visit shave sites looking for anything in particular, and I am instead checking to see if new products of interest have recently shown up. The lack of a master list makes checking this very difficult.
At the end of the day, using the new Maggard site on a phone reminds me of having to follow the dumb arrows as I wander through the entire store while at IKEA. Yeah, the store is clean and "hip", but it's really annoying if you just want to buy some damn meatballs.
Who goes to IKEA for the MEATBALLS?! 😳😆

Who goes to IKEA for the MEATBALLS?! 😳😆
What do you mean? Who doesn't go to IKEA for the meatballs? It's the best recipe after all.

EWD0cJzXQAUnf6r.jpg

I don't know what whack job they employed to do the new site but, it sucks IMO.! The old website was much better to find what I was looking for.

Top Bottom