What's new

Maggards Meet Up 2018

Flew back yesterday from Maggards Meet up in Adrian Michigan. Wonderful environment, met many wonderful people all thanks to Brad and Casey Maggard's efforts. Every one I saw seemed to be having a wonderful time. Besides the many customers present I bumped into a few personalities many you would recognize.
Below is myself on the left, center is Scott Brennecke of Captain's Choice Products. He is a maker of great preforming shaving soaps, creams and splashes. Right is Peter Wolf maker of some of the classiest shaving brushes I have ever seen. Yes I did buy one of this creations. More photos later.

Above The Tie
Retail Company

Looking foward to seeing pics from any who attended.

We are going to be a month or so late :(

Yes I did have breakfast with them. Great guys easy to talk with. You should give it a try next year. This was our first time, likely will go next year. The event was on two floors. The first floor was the actual store with merchandise while the vendors with their items was on the second floor. In the middle of the room were the vendors tables with customers flowing along the tables. It worked very well no bottle necks. Everyone got along just fine.

It was a great meetup. I got to meet a lot of vendors and there were plenty of samples. I was really tempted to get a new brush, but I promised SWMBO that I wouldn't spend too much.

Here is another guy I "bumped" into Mark (Mantis59) instructional shaving video master and founder or Sharpologist. I dare saw there are few guys on this site who have not watched one of his videos. Mark was busy doing interviews all day. I am sure he will be posting them soon on his site. The photo below was actually taken last year in Pasadena.
It was a great meetup. I got to meet a lot of vendors and there were plenty of samples. I was really tempted to get a new brush, but I promised SWMBO that I wouldn't spend too much.
Did you see the brush that had an amber like handle with the large insect in it? Looked like it came straight from the set of Jurassic Park!

Did you see the brush that had an amber like handle with the large insect in it? Looked like it came straight from the set of Jurassic Park!

I must have missed it. I looked at several brushes from Declaration and Wolf Whiskers. I did see the extremely large synthetic brush.

Last edited:
Mark (Mantic59) pioneer instruction video maker and creator of the popular site Sharpologist was also present. He was busy doing interviews that will appear on his site soon. The photo below was taken last year in Pasadena at the Big Shave West. Everyone is very approachable and easy to talk to.

Above The Tie
Retail Company

My last installment from Maggards Meet Up is of Michael Freeberg. Michael has a YouTube channel and has preformed reviews for nearly very shaving product available. Check out one of his many helpful videos soon.

Above The Tie
Retail Company

The Jurassic brush was most likely from Dogwood Handcrafts, he pours different types of bugs and such in an amber type liquid making them look suspended.

The Jurassic brush was most likely from Dogwood Handcrafts, he pours different types of bugs and such in an amber type liquid making them look suspended.
You are correct it was him. He had some great looking brush with handles made of mixed materials. Very original.