What's new

Maggard's Artisan Barbershop shave soap

I found the Maggard's London Barber shop to be a real face burner. The scent level is so high that it must be considered a mistake. I would not trust any soap from their company.

Strong Barbershop Scent - that is a must have for me. I have finished at least four tubs of TTFFC and the scents were all good and the soap works well.

Yeah I have both London barbershop and Limes and Bergomot they both smell and perform great

Also own Mickey Lee the kracken and Mike's and they all 3 smell identical

This soap company has quite a history of poorly constructed products.

Unsubstantiated nonsense? Through the Fire/Maggard soaps perform very well, IMO. I particularly like the lilac. Not every scent will be appreciated by everyone, of course, and remember, softer soaps do not last forever.

On that thread you complain, yes, about that soap and artisan soaps in general. Certainly some folks will have a reaction to just about anything. That isn't "a history of poorly constructed products".

BTW, I recently tried Proraso white soap. Had a reaction. Does not mean it is poorly made, only that my face does not like it, probably the menthol.

On that thread you complain, yes, about that soap and artisan soaps in general. Certainly some folks will have a reaction to just about anything. That isn't "a history of poorly constructed products".

BTW, I recently tried Proraso white soap. Had a reaction. Does not mean it is poorly made, only that my face does not like it, probably the menthol.
There are many other complaints? It looks like the only unsubstantiated nonsense is your opinion.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
You know its a shame when someone post a positive happy experience with a product and someone else has to rain on the parade. Some people can.t eat peanuts does that make peanuts bad for everyone else.
Learn to just say that it just doesn't work for me or say nothing

You know its a shame when someone post a positive happy experience with a product and someone else has to rain on the parade. Some people can.t eat peanuts does that make peanuts bad for everyone else.
+1000!

Maggards Oakmoss is one of my favorite scents, it’s absolutely wonderful and my favorite Fougère scent.
I see they no longer offer it :(

I couldn't agree more because this gets tiresome.

I couldn't agree more because this gets tiresome.
I'm surprised for the support of a passive aggressive response to a honest and informative post that addressed the OP's topic. My response didn't agree with the OP, but it didn't attack him. It was well supported with history of complaints on the product. The passive aggressive response is just a weak effort to silence opinions.

The great thing about shave soaps is that there are so many to try. If one doesn't do it for you, there are many more that likely will work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

London Barbershop is awesome. I use it year round. I get a burning sensation from soaps that contain a high content of cloves. Some fragrance oils also give me some slight irritation and I can't use them daily.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

I love the 2 soaps I have of there's and I want to try TTFFC now since I like these soaps performance and scent strength

In talking with Marie Armand at the Maggard meet-up, she said that the soaps she makes for Maggard's private label differ from those she makes under the TTFFC label. In particular, he own soaps are softer with more oils as opposed to fats. Since the formula for the TTFFC soaps is not listed on their web site, I do not know the exact differences. Thus, you might prefer one or the other.

Top Bottom