What's new

Maggard V3A

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I pulled the trigger on this head. I'm hoping it will work with me RR DE1 handle. I was wondering what I should expepect from this razor. I read that the space between the blade plate is wide and there isn't to much curvature to the blade and that it's an aggressive razor. I don't want to jump out of the pan and into the fire. This is going to a replacment to my RR DE-1.

I pulled the trigger on this head. I'm hoping it will work with me RR DE1 handle. I was wondering what I should expepect from this razor. I read that the space between the blade plate is wide and there isn't to much curvature to the blade and that it's an aggressive razor. I don't want to jump out of the pan and into the fire. This is going to a replacment to my RR DE-1.
I love mine. I used it almost non-stop for a year. I have moved on a bit, but it still find it's easy into rotation a couple times a month. It's not crazy aggressive imo, the gap is decent, but not a ton of blade feel. Good "kind of" aggressive razor.

I have two Maggard V3A. Both requires a small blade alignement, after this alignment it gives decent shaves. It is not too aggressive nor to mild just right aggressiveness enough to reach BBS with two passes. Even with one pass I get a DFS +.

It’s basically a DE89, nothing to write home or get too excited about in my experience. Mine didn’t hold the blade straight, although my V3A did a good enough job. Techs or Super Speeds are way better razors and are super cool to boot.

Don't have this head but I have the V3M & V3 heads. The V3 head is without a doubt more aggressive than my Muhle R89 & Merkur 34C heads. But it also has some alignment issues. The V3M head does not. But the V3M head is NOT mild either.

Top Bottom