What's new

Maggard V3A

I love most of the blades made in St. Petersburg, like Perma-Sharp, GSBs, 7 O'clock green and yellow, Polsilver, etc.

Thanks for the info, I'm a fan of those blades as well but I tend to use them in mild razors like a Tech! I've had better results with the V3A with milder blades like Treet & Lord

I have the V3A.
I find the Fatip Gentile smoother, with less blade feel and at least equal in efficiency.

Well, three weeks in and it is fast becoming my favorite razor. Despite seeming aggressiveness, it’s actually a very gentle shaver (in part by forcing the user into paying attention) while being highly efficient. It’s the razor I can use after getting a rough shave the day before while trying out new style of razors and blades, and still get BBS quality without irritation or reopening prior cuts / weepers. I just can’t recommend this razor highly enough. Paired with a Feather, it’s fantastic.

Well, I received my Yintal Brass.

A beautiful razor, just as efficient as V3A, but with just a little less aggressive feel. Looking at the bases side by side, it seems that Yintal's is just a little thicker with a very slightly different profile.

Unfortunately, mine came with a huge scratch on top cap. The joys of buying on AliExpress... I tried to buff it out and ended up with a polished brass top cap... functional but ugly. Anyone has a Yintal Brass top cap they don't want ? :)

For now, I've combined the top cap from V3A and the rest of the Yuntal, and got a Frankenrazor that seems to look a little less offensive and shaves great. It's actually a little less shiny in real life.

Attachments

• IMG_1548.JPG
    IMG_1548.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 15

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Well, I received my Yintal Brass.

A beautiful razor, just as efficient as V3A, but with just a little less aggressive feel. Looking at the bases side by side, it seems that Yintal's is just a little thicker with a very slightly different profile.

Unfortunately, mine came with a huge scratch on top cap. The joys of buying on AliExpress... I tried to buff it out and ended up with a polished brass top cap... functional but ugly. Anyone has a Yintal Brass top cap they don't want ? :)

For now, I've combined the top cap from V3A and the rest of the Yuntal, and got a Frankenrazor that seems to look a little less offensive and shaves great. It's actually a little less shiny in real life.

If you have one, try a SLOC cap on the Yintal Brass.

Top Bottom