What's new

Maggard V3

I'll have their V3 razor in a couple of days delivered to me. I can't wait! Usually I use my vintage Gillettes for most of my shaves but this model will be my 3rd "modern" razor in my collection. The others are the Merkur Progress and the Cadet OC. I picked the gun metal gray head paired with a blue anonodized handle. I prefer milder razors for most of my shaves... I am hoping that this will work so well that it becomes a go to razor!

Who here uses the Maggard as a favorite or almost favorite razor. What are your thoughts on them?

Thanks!

I have one with the M1 handle. Not as nice as my Jagger head/ikon handle, but less than twenty bucks. I use it for travel. It shaves fine.

The V3 / MR5 combo was the first safety razor I owned. It was very mild but will still bite if you don't pay attention. I used it for my first couple months and got some very good shaves with it. Maggard is one of the best companies to deal with out there also. Their CS is second to none and their prices are very competitive...

I have a V3 and find it to be an excellent razor. Very comfortable and does a great job of cleaning up my beard.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have the V3A with a long handle. Smashing deal for a razor w/ a stainless handle, IMO. And the head is absolutely just as good as any other modern razor that I've seen/used for less than $40. (may be just as good as more expensive razors, too, it's just that the most expensive modern razor I've used was about $40)

In general, I find their prices to be remarkably competitive, even with shipping prices factored in (vs. my Amazon Prime membership), and they have tons of samples to select from. I'm a huge fan of Maggard's.

I use a V3 with a MR1 handle often, in rotation with a Tech and a Blue Tip SS. Very nice razor, but I really don't care much for Astra SPs in it; GSBs and Gillette Wilkinson Swords (from India) work great in it. I find it shaves at a different angle than my vintage Gillettes, but it's pretty intuitive.

Last edited:
Enjoy your new toy, razorhead63.
Good news! Yes! It arrived today with the 50 Nacets, it is a beautiful razor with the blue handle The handle is heavy and solid... the finish on the head is smooth and unblemished... I've loaded a Nacet for its first shave. Damn I need my beard to grow faster, I gotta have stubble to justify a shave!

My Maggard V3 just came back into my rotation today. Excellent shave. Very easy to use.........

proxy.php

I have the aluminum V3 with the matching aluminum handle. I second that wilkinson or dorco 300 are the best blade for me with that setup. I also got my 17 yr old son the same razor and matching badger brush which is a fantastic setup for under $50, no shedding and just a great brush.

Just shaved with it, (first use) loaded with a fresh Nacet blade. (first use also)
Incredible results! And these Nacets are quite sharp..... mind blowing!
I am used to using my vintage Techs, much more mild than this combo. So this something new.
I could have stopped after the first pass, the results were that good, but I did some cleanup as usual.
Verdict: This is a moderately aggressive razor head that is a great performer with sharper blades.
And it's my new favorite razor. I am happy.

After the store bought tto maggards v3 was my first. I like the GSB, but I like the GSB in everything.

It will bite you, that's for sure.

Top Bottom