What's new

Maggard V3 Standard Or V3M?

Can anyone with experience with the V3 Standard/V3M compare them to any other specific razors in aggressiveness/mildness, or just rate them in general against most razors as to agressiveness or mildness?

I bought a fat, short handle Maggard a few years ago and it is perfect for me with most blades but I don't remember the model number and I can't find it in their inventory anymore either. I know it must be EITHER the V3 Standard or the V3M as it is on the mild side, but could be either as the V3 Standard is rated mild/moderate and the V3M is rated mild.

Reason being I want another Maggard with a longer handle and I'm not sure which head I have on the other but I'd like to get the same one :001_unsur

I think the one I have is the MR11 but it now comes with a CHOICE of heads. I don't think I had to make a choice years ago when I ordered it so I don't know which head it came with then? Maybe someone does? (BTW - it isn't an open comb)

proxy.php

Can anyone with experience with the V3 Standard/V3M compare them to any other specific razors in aggressiveness/mildness, or just rate them in general against most razors as to agressiveness or mildness?

I bought a fat, short handle Maggard a few years ago and it is perfect for me with most blades but I don't remember the model number and I can't find it in their inventory anymore either. I know it must be EITHER the V3 Standard or the V3M as it is on the mild side, but could be either as the V3 Standard is rated mild/moderate and the V3M is rated mild.

Reason being I want another Maggard with a longer handle and I'm not sure which head I have on the other but I'd like to get the same one :001_unsur
Can you find your original purchase confirmation email from Maggard? It will probably list the razor by name. 🙂

Can you find your original purchase confirmation email from Maggard? It will probably list the razor by name. 🙂
Naw, it was over 5 years ago and I checked my order history but it only goes back through this year because Maggard revamped somehow around the beginning of this year and I think people had to register over again? I just had to.

I own both heads. The V3 head looks like an DE89/R89 head but is more aggressive. The V3M head is a Gillette Tech type clone head but I don't find it mild. It's more aggressive than my Gillette Tech. I don't really use them a lot. I get more consistent shaves from the V3 but is a little too aggressive for every day use. But I love the MR11 handle & occasionally use it on a King C. Gillette razor.

Hope this helps.

I own both heads. The V3 head looks like an DE89/R89 head but is more aggressive. The V3M head is a Gillette Tech type clone head but I don't find it mild. It's more aggressive than my Gillette Tech. I don't really use them a lot. I get more consistent shaves from the V3 but is a little too aggressive for every day use. But I love the MR11 handle & occasionally use it on a King C. Gillette razor.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Hope this helps.

Yeah, what I'm doing is checking online reviews for these heads and it's looking like NEITHER might be good for me. But it's not like I NEED another razor anymore than a woman might "need" another pair of shoes :c9:

If it looks like that it's the v3. I prefer my other super cheap merkur aliexpress(vigshaving) clones and also a merkur 38c to the regular v3. It almost feels like I have to be less careful with more aggressive razors than the v3, which seems to have the character of biting out of nowhere. Never tried the v3m. I would get a real tech over v3m and put on whatever handle I wanted, although the fat tech handles are nice.

If it looks like that it's the v3. I prefer my other super cheap merkur aliexpress(vigshaving) clones and also a merkur 38c to the regular v3. It almost feels like I have to be less careful with more aggressive razors than the v3, which seems to have the character of biting out of nowhere. Never tried the v3m. I would get a real tech over v3m and put on whatever handle I wanted, although the fat tech handles are nice.

I doubt that it's the V3 because it's pretty much as mild as the RazoRock Baby Smooth and the Rockwell 2C on the "3" plate? I'm not sure that the pic I posted is exactly the one as to the head, just the handle. Who knows?

All the heads look quite a bit different they are pretty easy to tell. The grooves are tiny and straight in the v3m like a real tech, v3 looks more like a merkur or EJ.

V3M_Hrom-05.jpg

FWIW, I just got the V3M ("mild") head. I used it this morning, and (to me) it provided a better shave than my Slim on setting 3. I was wondering if it would be too mild, but it seems not to be the case for me. I may try the standard head at some point in the future but I find the V3M to be quite good. (I can't compare to a Tech as I don't have one.)

Top Bottom