What's new

Maggard V3 head versus RazoRock Game Changer 0.68mm or BBS heads?

Watching this to see if you get the BBS, as it's one I'm interested in too.
Now that I've had many a shave with the BBS, I can say that I'm a fan.
  • Pros
    • SMOOTH and efficient
    • Intuitive to find the proper angle
    • High quality product
  • Cons
    • Curvature of head makes shaving just under the nose WTG impossible. I don't have any issues touching this area up XTG though
  • Other notes/personal preferences
    • Because it's so smooth, there's less blade feel. I don't think this is good/bad, just a preference one might have. Perhaps you can think of it as driving a car with road feel - some want it, some prefer a smoother ride. Sometimes it depends on one's mood
    • If I were rating my 3 razors out of 10, I would give the Maggard V3 a 7.5, Parker 24C an 8, and the BBS a 9

I've recently purchased the GC .68 with the Super Knurl handle and an .84 plate. I've only used the .84 plate once on 7 days worth of growth when I first got the razor. I found myself saying "wow" a number of times during the shave. There is blade feel, but it's not harsh at all. Very intuitive in terms of finding the angle. Incredibly smooth to boot. This is only a sample of 1, so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm going to use the .68 as soon as my beard grows back to something worth shaving. Given that it's a rather small difference in pricing for additional plates, it's hard not to pick up an extra one to give it a try.

I have the Maggards and GC 0.84 OC and bar; and I have one razor that came in a lot that says Made in India (not sure which one it is (chameleon). Of the first 3 razors, if you shave with 3+ days of growth, then the OC is without a doubt the best of all. If I could only have one razor: Lupo DC.....the best of both worlds. The game changer has a strange system to hold the blade and is a bit more work to take the blade out......hence Lupo wins.

Now that I've had many a shave with the BBS, I can say that I'm a fan.
  • Pros
    • SMOOTH and efficient
    • Intuitive to find the proper angle
    • High quality product
  • Cons
    • Curvature of head makes shaving just under the nose WTG impossible. I don't have any issues touching this area up XTG though
  • Other notes/personal preferences
    • Because it's so smooth, there's less blade feel. I don't think this is good/bad, just a preference one might have. Perhaps you can think of it as driving a car with road feel - some want it, some prefer a smoother ride. Sometimes it depends on one's mood
    • If I were rating my 3 razors out of 10, I would give the Maggard V3 a 7.5, Parker 24C an 8, and the BBS a 9
Awesome! Glad you are enjoying it! Which version of BBS?

Unfortunately they are almost more different than they are similar... The V1 is shorter (same length as the HD handle) then the v2 the knurling is completely different and changes the twist in the process. Look at the images and you can see the v2 has an optical illusion for the twist

View attachment 1610860
V1 aboveView attachment 1610863
V2 above.
Maybe the V2 is easier to produce. It looks confusing to me, I'll stick with my V1 and Radio Knob handles. Still can't make up my mind which of the 3 different base plates I like the best, .68 SB, .84 SB or the .84 OC. They are all good to use.

Maybe the V2 is easier to produce. It looks confusing to me, I'll stick with my V1 and Radio Knob handles. Still can't make up my mind which of the 3 different base plates I like the best, .68 SB, .84 SB or the .84 OC. They are all good to use.
The Radio knob is by far my favorite RR handle!

The Radio knob is by far my favorite RR handle!
I got the Radio Knob handle by accident, I didn't know immediately what it was. It was on a RR SLOC I bought on an auction site. I thought it looked familiar but couldn't place it. As far as I know it is no longer being produced. I've used it on other razors and prefer it to the Barber Pole.

I got the Radio Knob handle by accident, I didn't know immediately what it was. It was on a RR SLOC I bought on an auction site. I thought it looked familiar but couldn't place it. As far as I know it is no longer being produced. I've used it on other razors and prefer it to the Barber Pole.
That is correct it is discontinued. I ordered mine since I loved the look.

Top Bottom