What's new

Maggard straight razors.

Looks like they are made by James Arman, I believe he used to be part of Hart razors.

I would imagine the razors are fine and they do look very nice.

Very Hart like

Agreed looks to be very Hart like. The one thing that stuck out to me what the pic of the razor without scales is a very heavy grind. I would consider it heavier then the typical 1/4 grind you see.

I like the maggards shop and have ordered from them a few times. Great staff. That said, the straight looks kind of, well, boring to me. The price is nice though.

That is actually a pretty good deal if they are Hart level quality. I read threads on here all the time about grind problems or geometry problems, warped blades etc. I have three Harts that have none of those problems and with all the Harts sold I think we would have heard about it if they had problems in any of those areas. I think Maggard has a winner there.

I am sure Brad can put a fantastic edge on a razor, but unhoned would be fine too and probably even preferable to me at this point. However I'm not sure what the point of setting the bevel but not finishing the honing is.

I'm not sure I'd buy one over a Portland which are also usually 1/4 hollow (other than the delivery delay). After collecting Genco's, I've become more of a fan of full hollow grinds anyway.

I've got a PRC Siren to compare to.

I don't want to stir up a hornets nest and am certainly a fan of to each his own, but if I am comparing my PRC to my Harts, I have to give the nod to Hart in being a bit higher quality.

Top Bottom