What's new

Maggard shipping to UK?

Just wondering if anyone has ordered from Maggard to the UK?

Tracking from Asendia says it is currently in Hounslow which I guess is Heathrow customs, had no updates between Chicago on 5th June and Hounslow on 12th (posted 29th May), does anyone know if this now goes to Royal Mail or some other courier? And if so which service does it use, as the tracking number isn't working on RMs tracking site. (Ordered some Seville as it was £5 cheaper than the cheapest UK vendor, even if it has taken 2 weeks so far)

Thanks.

Asendia shows that it has "Arrived at destination" after customs, which I guess means it's been handed over to Royal Mail. Hopefully should get it in the next day or two.

Asendia shows that it has "Arrived at destination" after customs, which I guess means it's been handed over to Royal Mail. Hopefully should get it in the next day or two.

I’ve ordered from Maggards to the UK numerous times over the years, last package from them arrived at the beginning of this week (posted by Maggards on the 31st May).
It has got slower over the years, unfortunately, and obviously significantly so over the last couple of years, and I’ve also noticed that the tracking system is not as accurate as it used to be.
It is usually Royal Mail delivering once it arrives in the UK, although their tracking system won’t recognise either of the tracking numbers generated by Asendia (they usually seem to have two different numbers if you look on the Asendia website).
So the last entry on the Asendia tracking system (or any of the main tracking apps available) will say “arrived at destination“, then it will take another few days, up to a week sometimes (which makes me think that last entry is when it first enters UK, before going through customs, but not sure), before Royal Mail will deliver to your door.
It works (I haven’t had any lost packages so far.. 🤞🏻), but it takes quite a while, so a great deal of patience is required… 😊

I’ve ordered from Maggards to the UK numerous times over the years, last package from them arrived at the beginning of this week (posted by Maggards on the 31st May).
It has got slower over the years, unfortunately, and obviously significantly so over the last couple of years, and I’ve also noticed that the tracking system is not as accurate as it used to be.
It is usually Royal Mail delivering once it arrives in the UK, although their tracking system won’t recognise either of the tracking numbers generated by Asendia (they usually seem to have two different numbers if you look on the Asendia website).
So the last entry on the Asendia tracking system (or any of the main tracking apps available) will say “arrived at destination“, then it will take another few days, up to a week sometimes (which makes me think that last entry is when it first enters UK, before going through customs, but not sure), before Royal Mail will deliver to your door.
It works (I haven’t had any lost packages so far.. 🤞🏻), but it takes quite a while, so a great deal of patience is required… 😊

Aha perfect thanks. I'm not really in a huge rush soap wise, just got confused about the 'Arrived at destination' message. Now that I know it's in the UK and RM has it, it will get here eventually (likely before Sat). As long as it makes it, I still think it is worth the fiver saved over getting it in the UK.

Reactions: DSR
Top Bottom