What's new

Maggard Razor Heads

Hi guys, yeah I gotta simple question: How is the shave quality with the different Maggard heads?

I was browsing their site a couple of minutes ago and am getting interested in their products.

The aggressive closed comb one looks nice as does their open comb head.... excellent prices too!

Help me out someone!! My RAD is starting again. (I need a new toy) Thanks.

Hi guys, yeah I gotta simple question: How is the shave quality with the different Maggard heads?

I was browsing their site a couple of minutes ago and am getting interested in their products.

The aggressive closed comb one looks nice as does their open comb head.... excellent prices too!

Help me out someone!! My RAD is starting again. (I need a new toy) Thanks.
I quite like their slant. It's mid-aggressive.Efficient, comfortable and fairly smooth. I did a side by side, comparing it to the Ikon X3 in another thread.
Terrific customer service. Great people at Maggard.

I bought some time ago the AV3 and the slant. Thr AV3 is the perfect DE for me, YMMV and I like mid-aggressive razors adjusting aggressiveness with the blade. I use this with the feather and it will give me BBs in 2 passes and corrections. This head was designed with my needs in mind. The slant I used but I do prefer the AV3. If on the desert island affair I was allowed 2 razors, The AV3 would be one and the other either the general or the OB.
If you want an upmarket option for the AV3, I would go for the Rockwell 6S.

I only have their V3, but the finish is great. It's not aggressive, but I don't consider it overly mild either.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have one of the V2 Open Combs. Great shaves and quality, especially for the cost. As stated above, the service is the best you can get.

proxy.php

I have the V3.:) It's good.:) I find it to be more on the aggressive side, but perhaps that's just my skin type. Time will tell.:) I may become more accustomed to it in the months ahead.)

The AV3 looks like the right one for me....
I can hardly believe their prices are so low,
they appear to have a thriving business there!

Thank you for the info guys, I appreciate it!

I have V2, V3, V3a, V2c and the slant. Out of all of them, the ones that get used the most are V3 and V3a. I'm not a just fan of the Maggard slant because it can be a real bear trying to align the blade properly. The open comb is about on par with the Merkur open comb. It's good, but not the one I reach for. And the V2 never gets used because it's in a desk drawer and I rarely think about it.

The V3A is probably my favorite modern head. Efficient without feeling harsh. At $10 you can't go wrong.

Top Bottom