What's new

GIVEAWAY! Maggard Razor Heads/Semogue 830 PIF

This PIF is for anyone who has served or is currently serving in any branch of the U.S. armed services.

This PIF includes five Maggard razor heads, one Maggard handle, a Semogue 830 boar brush and a brush stand.

IMG_20220625_162712357Rotated.jpg

This PIF is CONUS only.

To join this PIF, just reply to this thread with a post saying 'I'm in'.

This PIF will stay open for at least a week. If more than one person would like this set, I will randomly pick a winner.

All the items are previously used by me. I am the original owner.

These are the razor heads pictured:

Maggard Razors Safety Razor Head V3M (Mild), Matte Silver Finish (Maggard's version of a Tech)

Maggard Razors Safety Razor Head Standard V3, Gray Finish

Maggard Razors Safety Razor Head Open Comb, V2, Chrome Finish (the red in the picture is a reflection of my shirt)

Maggard Razors Slant Safety Razor Head, Gray Finish

Maggard Razors Safety Razor Head V3A (Aggressive), Matte Black Finish

IMG_20220625_162140848.jpg
IMG_20220625_162228789Rotated.jpg

The handle pictured:
Maggard Razors DE Safety Razor MR16 Blue Anodized Stainless Steel
I picked it up when I visited the Maggard Razors store in person while on vacation.

The brush is a Semogue 830 boar brush.

Handle: Two-tone acrylic
Total Height: 100mm
Loft: 55mm
Knot Diameter: 23mm
Hair: Boar Bristle
Made in Portugal.

It is not a stiff brush but splays easily after soaking for a few minutes.
With it's high loft, it holds quite a bit of water and is good for thirsty soaps or creams.
This brush is a little less scrubby than the Semogue 620 (another great brush).

Thank you for your service!

The Semogue 830 is like a PIF cult classic. I used keep a second one on hand for the day when I may need it, and twice they have ended up getting donated to someone who wants to try traditional wet shaving. Great brush!

Well just an FYI, I did get the package, Thank you. I have felt the brush and it seems nice, I had a pipe burst at my house so we are still dealing with that right now so I have NOT really worried about my appearance much.. I have taken the razor heads out and attached them to the handle to see how they each fit but have not used them either yet. I really think the handle is neat !!
As soon as I get all of the house problems fixed I will hopefully get to try out the stuff... Again I really appreciate these thing a lot .... Thank you .....

Well just an FYI, I did get the package, Thank you. I have felt the brush and it seems nice, I had a pipe burst at my house so we are still dealing with that right now so I have NOT really worried about my appearance much.. I have taken the razor heads out and attached them to the handle to see how they each fit but have not used them either yet. I really think the handle is neat !!
As soon as I get all of the house problems fixed I will hopefully get to try out the stuff... Again I really appreciate these thing a lot .... Thank you .....
I am so sorry to hear about the pipe burst! I hope it didn't do a lot of damage to your home.
I am glad you like the handle. It caught my eye when I was at the Maggard Razor store in Michigan. I am sure you will have fun with the different heads once things settle down for you (which I hope is soon).
Enjoy!

I am so sorry to hear about the pipe burst! I hope it didn't do a lot of damage to your home.
I am glad you like the handle. It caught my eye when I was at the Maggard Razor store in Michigan. I am sure you will have fun with the different heads once things settle down for you (which I hope is soon).
Enjoy!
Thank you... I think I will like all the things you sent to me..... We have a 2 story main house that we are having to have the whole downstairs packed up and all the flooring has to be removed and replaced and then everything will have to be brought back to the house and put back in . We have already had moving crews here for the past week and they will probably take another week getting all things packed and then after that they will get it all out and they will remove all the flooring and put the driers back on for a couple of days to make sure the concrete slab is dried and then they have to put in the new flooring so we will probably be dealing with this for another Month !! then it will be time for the kids to go back to school !! Honestly this leak (which we had repaired the day it was discovered ) has probably screwed up the whole Summer for us this year !!

Okay I know its been a while since I said anything in this thread but now we are about to get back into our house finally.... So whats happened in the time since last post here.. We have been in a hotel since the pipe burst and then the kids all started school and then within the first 2 weeks the kids and wife and I ALL caught Covid !! The kids had done kindergarten and first grade virtual because of the pandemic and then when it was "Supposedly safe " to return they wore mask AND bathed right when they got home before they would even hug anyone but still caught it.. The twins elementary had it in the school by the 3rd day of school !! Then after we got over covid the twins got walking pneumonia !! So they were out ANOTHER 2 weeks !! Oh and guess who else got sick again when the twins got pneumonia?? ME !!!!! The twins are back to school but I am still feeling the effects of this last illness... Well long story short.. I still haven't used the stuff from this PIF but hopefully after we get back to the house finally this friday things will calm down and I will FINALLY get to try the stuff from this VERY generous PIF !!!! Again Thank You @GoodShave for this !!

@jaro 101969 You are welcome.

I am sorry your household has been sick and having to deal with a pipe burst on top of it.
Thanks for touching base! Let me know when you do get to trying out the gear. No rush.

Have a great night!

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom