What's new

Maggard MR3

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Last week I placed an order to get one of these razors as an alternate for the EJ DE8911 I already have. What caught my eye on the MR3 was that the handle could accept more weight if needed. Yesterday I received it in the mail along with some complimentary Dorco blades. My first impressions were that it looked very well. The plating, as others have described in other threads, was not perfect but for me, that doesn't matter. The thickness of the handle sits well in my hands and the knurling is a plus too. The initial weight felt right and my wife noticed the difference as well. The MR3 head is very similar to the EJ head.

This morning was my first shave with the MR3. Perhaps it was technique and not enough lather on the face but on the first few passes the razor chattered a bit until I got used to the razor being in my hand. The thicker handle and heavier razor were a dream. Tonight I'll add some BB's and see how it performs on Sunday morning with a Personna Red blade.

Overall, I am quite impressed with this razor and the service I received from Maggard. The razor shipped the next day (last Saturday) after a late order on Friday (I live in Cali). For a beginner DE razor or even for someone who is advanced in wet shaving, I'd recommend this razor to them for a try. Thanks for your time.

God Bless,
David

Nice to know you're pleased with the newest purchase. I have heard many good things about those razors, except the plating as you say... but they are also priced accordingly, and if you don't care for extra quality finishing, then you made a good deal! :thumbup1:

I bought a MR20 and am quite happy with the price to quality ratio. After buying a Lord L6 the Maggard line looks like a luxury item in comparison.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Last night I put some BB's in the handle of the MR3. Saturdays for me are normally an off shaving day to let my face heal from the week of shaving. However, I really wanted to try this razor with the new weight. All I can say is wow, what a great shave. The extra weight helped mow through the growth I had. I didn't have to apply any extra pressure. The weight alone was enough. I also used a Personna Red as well and that helped make the combo go well. I have nothing but high praise for this razor.

God Bless,
David

Top Bottom