What's new

Maggard Aftershaves

Has anyone tried the new Maggard aftershaves? I'm normally an alcohol splash guy, however I do occasionally use some other things in the colder months. I really like the Nivea sensitive balm, WSO's "Blash", and Tiki's Oakmoss & Sage balm. Because of this I've decided to order Maggard's London Barbershop aftershave, as I have and love the matching soap. While I await its arrival, I'd really like to hear from anyone who has already tried these new aftershaves.

I have London Barbershop and Orange Menthol. London Barbershop was a home run for me...love the face feel (although a bit sticky at first, but that goes away within an hour or so) and the smell is very similar to the soap, albeit with more Veviter (I think).

Orange Menthol was another story. Felt good on the face but the Orange was just a bit too much for me. If you told me it was filled half way with Tropicana I'd believe you. I love the soap because the orange is subtle (as is the menthol), but the aftershave was the opposite.

Tried the Mango Sage and Tea A/S this morning. Scent is really nice. Kinda reminds me of an air freshener. Leaves face feeling fresh and I can still get a whiff of the scent a few hours later. No alcohol in these so no burn if that is something you are looking for. Still have Barbershop and Limes and Bergamot to try out.

I love Maggard as a company and love their soaps (Barbershop and Limes & Bergamot mainly). I am not a fan of their aftershaves. The scents are too sharp/pungent/strong. For aloe and witch hazel, nothing beats Stirling imo.

Used Barbershop this morning. Different smell from Stirling. Burned a little going on and last about 5-10 minutes. Faded then and left face refreshed and smooth

Top Bottom