What's new

Maggard 22mm 2band badger

The aforementioned is being sold for $12.50 as a black friday deal...pretty good deal. Can anybody elaborate as to the performance of the brush? Loft makes me worry it's on the floppy mop side of the spectrum?

I have a Maggard 20 mm 2 band, but I bought the knot and set it myself. I think it's a great knot, and mine is not at all floppy. What is the loft on the brush you're looking at?

I have a Maggard 20 mm 2 band, but I bought the knot and set it myself. I think it's a great knot, and mine is not at all floppy. What is the loft on the brush you're looking at?
Maggard-Razors-Aluminum-Handle-2-Band-Badger-Shaving-Brush-22mm-1-768x768~2.jpg
Specs:

Knot Size: 22mm

Handle Height: 39mm

Loft: 54mm

Weight: 3 0z

I worry it will be bloom more than I prefer. Setting the knot deeper would, theoretically, counter this. To what depth did you set yours?

Looks like 54mm loft. It's a 2-band though, so floppiness should not be an issue. My 20mm 2-band is set to 50 and I like its performance.

I was also wondering about this brush as well! I'm guessing it's made in China as that is where most of Maggard's private label items are made.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have one - got it at last year's sale. Like it a lot!

Now, at that price point, I imagine whoever makes the (excellent) Maggard brush synth knots (and I bet Yaqi) probably makes this one too ... how's that for total speculation?

It compares favorably with my other "good" badger - on an Elite brush.

They say the handle's aluminum, but it's got some weight - almost like zamak/pot metal. I have a Zenith aluminum handle and you can tell it's hollow and lighter.

Pix up in a minute ...

full

full

AA

Last edited:
Top Bottom