What's new

Machete

Just noticed that Machete is out on DVD/BluRay. I enjoyed the Grindhouse movies and am looking forward to buying Machete. Has anyone else watched it? How does it compare to the other Grindhouse movies?

DL

I haven't seen it yet, but I got a quick review from a couple of my buddies. They said that RR has a hard time maintaining the energy of the trailer through the film, and a lot of it seems forced. On the other hand, it is Machete, right? I think I'm going to rent before I buy.

I went to see it in the theater, and it is exactly what you'd expect. It's like Planet Terror meets the El Mariachi trilogy. I personally thought it was a good movie, exactly what it set out to be.

I just watched it, I liked it a lot but not as much as Planet Terror. I really was not a fan of Death Proof. I think it was because at the theater they showed Planet Terror first and after a fast paced zombie movie Death Proof just seemed like a let down.

I just watched it, I liked it a lot but not as much as Planet Terror. I really was not a fan of Death Proof. I think it was because at the theater they showed Planet Terror first and after a fast paced zombie movie Death Proof just seemed like a let down.

I just finished watching it! I love the Grindhouse style but didn't like it as much as Planet Terror. Deniro was perfect for the movie though. And I did enjoy seeing the Austin landmarks.

DL

Yeah it really didn't seem to maintain the grindhouse-ness for the whole movie. The scratchy film, jumpy picture all that stuff just seemed to dissapear as soon as the opening credits were over.

Top Bottom