What's new

- Mach 3 VS Mach 3 Turbo -

Mach 3 VS Mach 3 Turbo

• Mach 3

• Mach 3 Turbo

Results are only viewable after voting.
What are the differences between them? And what shaves faster and closer?
I have heavy+dense beard ...
Thank you very much...

In my opinion, no real difference. Other than the price, of course. All the 'improvements' are cosmetic.
The handle of the turbo has slightly better grip. Both M3 & M3turbo carts fit interchangably on the handles.

In my opinion, no real difference. Other than the price, of course. All the 'improvements' are cosmetic.
The handle of the turbo has slightly better grip. Both M3 & M3turbo carts fit interchangably on the handles.
What about gillette sensor exel you tried this razor? Tnx....

I love the Sensor & its Excel variant. In my opinion they're the best multiblade carts.

The problem is that they are difficult to find. When Gillette first launched the M3, they increased the price of the Sensor to almost M3 levels, to 'encourage' their Sensor users to the newer, more expensive cart. They also made the Sensor difficult to find, for the same reason.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting..by your opinion why the sensors are best cart?? They are shaves closer than mach 3? Thank you very much
The pivot of the Sensor is in the middle.
So when one applies pressure, the force on each blade is about equal. There are 2 blades, further apart. Less likely to clog.
In the M3, the pivot is just behind the first blade. The spring is also pretty weak, so pressure is almost all on that blade, and the other two blades follow with much less pressure. So one instinctively uses the M3 with less pressure. Obviously, a cart used with less pressure lasts longer. And less blade gap means its easier to clog if you've not shaved for a few days.

At the end of the day, I'm more comfortable with the sensor than the M3. That's probably because I have a dense tough beard due to my ethnicity. Someone with a fine beard may prefer the M3.

I should clarify here that while I find the Sensor to be the best multiblade, that does not mean its the best cartridge razor. IMO that honour goes to the Gillette Guard system, with the old Wilkinson Bonded a close second.

Last edited:
If you believe what P&G says, the Mach 3 Turbo has thinner blades for less tug and pull. I never noticed much difference between the 2 of them and would buy whatever is cheaper.

no difference in my opinion, not even blade angles, nor sharpness... i see, only lubrication is little bether in turbo, but it does wear much faster away...

other opinions?

I cant find the turbo refills anywhere. I think Gillette discontinued them. The lube strip on the turbo versus the original lasts a lot longer, but not really a significant difference in the shave IMO!

Gillette's latest entrant is the Mach3 Turbo 3D Motion.

Component-15--1.jpg

Until 2016-2017 there was actually a difference. The Turbo had 10 rubber strips the Mach 3 5 strips. And it made a difference to me. The Turbos slided a bit easier on my skin. Now all of them are with 10 strips, so it's all a marketing trick.
They now sell the basic blue version [MACH3 Start in Europe, Gillette 3 in the states] that has the old MACH3 head with the 5 rubber stripes.

Mach 3 turbo for me. It’s the closest shave I get with no irritation when going multiple passes. I find though that I go one pass most times anyway and do just fine with any razor.

Top Bottom