What's new

Mach 3 Sensitive

Anybody know anything about this cartridge? What makes it different from other Mach 3 cartridges exactly? Are they still available?

I am on a Barbasol kick recently and I decided to use my Mach 3 for a change. I have some Sensitive cartridges, but also I got hold of some Turbo cartridges. The cartridge in the razor is a few years old but not dull, so I ran it over my Razorpit a few times till the blades were squeaky clean (you can feel it when this happens), then I preceded to shave after going through my preshave routine (Barbasol pre-shave wash, a small dollop of Barbasol brushless sensitive cream, and finishing with some canned lather).

I have been using single blades for so long I did not know what to expect. I could definitely feel the blades (unlike a Bic Sensitive after a shave or two), though the irritation was not too bad, and the blades were sharp and never tugged. I finished a 1 1/2 pass shave and after rinsing my face off I used some alum to check for irritation, and I did find a few places in the usual suspects (like my chin). It seemed to deal with trouble spots better than a DE razor, but I am noticing a bit of overall skin irritation I would not encounter with a DE. Also, the shave is more consistent than a DE in some areas, but still disappointing considering all the hype these razors got (like under the chin and the neck). A cheap electric shaver could shave closer in those areas, in my estimation.

FWIW the Mach3 Turbo gives me the closest shave of all the Mach3 carts. The Fusion5 (orange) cart, Harry's, Sensor Excel, Atra, and Trac II all give me closer, less irritating shaves. Usually get better shaves with any I have DE.

FWIW the Mach3 Turbo gives me the closest shave of all the Mach3 carts. The Fusion5 (orange) cart, Harry's, Sensor Excel, Atra, and Trac II all give me closer, less irritating shaves. Usually get better shaves with any I have DE.

How about longevity? How long does the Turbo last vs. the regular Mach 3 carts?

Don't notice a difference in longevity. Turbo feels a little more 'tuggy', probably the extra 'fins' pulling up the stubble to be cut? Think that the extra fins are the only difference, or at least that the blades in all Mach3 are the same. Mach3 gives me a relatively poor shave compared to other carts and DE's so I don;t use it very much, just occasionally to work thru what I have in stock.

Don't notice a difference in longevity. Turbo feels a little more 'tuggy', probably the extra 'fins' pulling up the stubble to be cut? Think that the extra fins are the only difference, or at least that the blades in all Mach3 are the same. Mach3 gives me a relatively poor shave compared to other carts and DE's so I don;t use it very much, just occasionally to work thru what I have in stock.

What about the shave is poor? Too irritating?

I can't get a close shave no matter what, at least compared to other carts and DE's. So either I just quit on the shave, or go over spots so many times I get irritation. I know many say this cart gives them the best shave they can get, just does not work for me.

I can't get a close shave no matter what, at least compared to other carts and DE's. So either I just quit on the shave, or go over spots so many times I get irritation. I know many say this cart gives them the best shave they can get, just does not work for me.

That was sort of my experience in the past. It's for fast, one pass, "acceptable" shaves, but it's not really for doing two passes. Sensor has more flexibility, perhaps.

I just tried the Mach 3 Sensitive cartridge again: terrible shave. Very little irritation but not particularly close at all. I would not want to do a second pass- the whole point of these razors is to get a fast shave without fuss or alot of irritation.

I'll try the Turbo some time in the future, but the Sensitives are worth passing by.

I just tried the Mach 3 Sensitive cartridge again: terrible shave. Very little irritation but not particularly close at all. I would not want to do a second pass- the whole point of these razors is to get a fast shave without fuss or alot of irritation.

I'll try the Turbo some time in the future, but the Sensitives are worth passing by.
The turbo for me and my unique skin is the closest , easy shave I can get.

Top Bottom