What's new

MacDuffs?

Just used Rosemary Sea Salt for the first time. Quick synopsis....love it.
The soap consistency is the standard MacDuff's "croap"....which I quite like. I lather by taking an almond sized scoop of soap from the puck and pressing it into a shaving bowl from which I load a shaving brush to face lather.
After that I add a bit more water to the bowl and bowl lather what remains applying that to my face.
I am a big fan of MacDuff's performance. Plenty of glide and residual slickness, top notch post shave feel.
The scent of the soap is medium. Off the puck I get gentle anise and herbaceousness with a hint of wood and sea.
Lathering the herbs and anise blend to produce a nice outdoor scent with a faint woody base.
The scent fades within an hour post shave...picking up a very very faint lavender post shave scent if I imagine really hard.
By no means is it a "rosemary bomb". In fact I would be hard pressed to pick out rosemary as a primary scent so skillfully is it blended with the other components. The same goes for each of the herbs listed in the ingredient list. Overall a very very good blend of components.
I'm very glad I got this one and am thinking of picking up a second puck.
I'm so glad to hear that. I should have known and trusted what MacDuff's does, but I had to wait for some review(s) first.

Favoring the McDuffs in my drawer and finishing off a tub of Lilac this week with a half tub of Trail Tobacco to enjoy when the Fall scents get dug out. I enjoy seasonal scent but have never considered a savory scent like rosemary for shaving. Anyone know what's with the "Explorer" tag on Rosemary and Christmas Tree? Is it a different base?

Favoring the McDuffs in my drawer and finishing off a tub of Lilac this week with a half tub of Trail Tobacco to enjoy when the Fall scents get dug out. I enjoy seasonal scent but have never considered a savory scent like rosemary for shaving. Anyone know what's with the "Explorer" tag on Rosemary and Christmas Tree? Is it a different base?
I reached out to Sean at MacDuff's and his response was:

The Explorer Series was conceived of as a way to allow me to make new scents without having to plan it 6 months in advance when I order all my labels. I also use it for customers who want a custom scent made up for them.

I think I read that the Christmas Tree soap was created to use up scents leftover from other projects. I originally skipped getting Xmas Tree and then it was sold out by the time I figured out I might like it. I ended up finding a single tub at Top of the Chain a few weeks ago. It smells like you're in the middle of a boreal forest.

Current status

Currently in den:

- Spring Cabin (almost finished)
- Summer Cabin (almost finished)
- Christmas Cabin (almost finished)

Finished off:

- Autumn Cabin
- Badlands
- Sea to Sky
- Old Strathcona
- Icefields Parkway

Tossed Out:

- Kananaskis Explorer (upset my skin ever so slightly)

Top Bottom