What's new

Macduff’s Monthly Blade Review: Gillette Platinum

If by the highlighted statement you are implying that the "one who yields the razor" does not know how to use it properly, then you may well be mistaken. If you are indicating that each one of us has different beard conditions and skin conditions and some blades just do not work with that set of conditions, then you are correct.

The Gillette Platinum blades may work exceptionally well for some folks and poorly for others, depending on their beard and their skin, even if their technique is excellent. Also, other things like beard preparation, lather quality, etc. play a big role in getting a successful shave.

No, I'm quite literally saying YMMV. The fact that I have success with them says something about me.

Interesting review, tnx. I like the Plats a lot more than the review does, but it just goes to show that there will never be a consensus or objective reality when it comes to blades. For me, the Plat is kind of like a less sharp GSB, which suits my aggressive razors well and sucks in the mild ones. 98 % of the time, I'd rather just use a GSB.

Top Bottom