What's new

Maca Root Shave Cream

Just came back from The Body Shop. I smelled the new formula and to my nose it smells the same as the old one. The girl at the shop told me it's the same formula with just a new packaging to match their other products, according to her it's one of their best selling product so there's no reason to change the formula. The old formula was on sale for C$5 compared to the C$18 for the new formula, couldn't resist it at the price even though I don't really need it.

Might have to check my local Body Shop. At that price I'll buy a spare and some to PIF to friends and family.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Something moved me last night to use the maca (old) and this morning i see this thread. The maca energy must have been calling me
why oh why did they change the maca?
corporate decision making, must mean the new version is cheaper

Something moved me last night to use the maca (old) and this morning i see this thread. The maca energy must have been calling me
why oh why did they change the maca?
corporate decision making, must mean the new version is cheaper
No the new version is not cheaper, in Greece it has the same price with the old Maca. I will stay away in safety.

And yes @es99 it a global phenomenon. But still there is some stock of the old Maca. I suggest to get a full tub of the old Maca. I have one and it's more than enough with so many soaps I have.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
No the new version is not cheaper, in Greece it has the same price with the old Maca. I will stay away in safety.

And yes @es99 it a global phenomenon. But still there is some stock of the old Maca. I suggest to get a full tub of the old Maca. I have one and it's more than enough with so many soaps I have.
i mean cheaper for the corporation to manufacture.
i agree @RandySp I have one tub of the old and i have probably used it 3 times max so far. but once I read a thread like this i need to stop myself from "stocking up"

200gr in a big rotation is more than enough.

Yes, they have downgrade the quality of the cream. I am not convinced that new Maca is equal to the old formula.

The new version has aloe added.

You should see my earlier post where I show the exact ingredients of each. Randy is correct. This is a prime example of a corporation thinking it's customers are dumb and could be fooled by simply putting some words into the name. I guess some people don't bother looking at ingredient lists, but we are the BOSC!!! Can't pass something so obvious past us, that's for sure.

You should see my earlier post where I show the exact ingredients of each. Randy is correct. This is a prime example of a corporation thinking it's customers are dumb and could be fooled by simply putting some words into the name. I guess some people don't bother looking at ingredient lists, but we are the BOSC!!! Can't pass something so obvious past us, that's for sure.
Hahaha exactly this! Excellent writing!
BOSC Brotherhood

The Body Shop website no longer shows any tubs of the old formula. Only the smaller tubes. I guess it is a worldwide re-engineering of what was a really really good cream. And judging by ingredients it isn’t being improved. And the jury is still out as to performance comparison.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The Body Shop website no longer shows any tubs of the old formula. Only the smaller tubes. I guess it is a worldwide re-engineering of what was a really really good cream. And judging by ingredients it isn’t being improved. And the jury is still out as to performance comparison.
maybe its a "newcoke" marketing ploy

I shaved with this glorious cream for the first time last night. Even though the over all shave was tainted by a blade that does not work for me, I was really impressed with the cream and look forward to using it again.

@Rhody I do hope it is a "New Coke" type marketing ploy.

maybe its a "newcoke" marketing ploy

Like JT I really like the old formula but i’m guessing that since it doesn’t really have more Aloe in it, so adding it into the name means that it replaces the other. The only marketing ploy I see going on is their attempt to trick otherwise intelligent people that this new formulation is something the old one was not. But we are the Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies. Do they really think they could pull a fast one on us? I don’t think so. Unfortunately @BoSox15 fell for it.

Like JT I really like the old formula but i’m guessing that since it doesn’t really have more Aloe in it, so adding it into the name means that it replaces the other. The only marketing ploy I see going on is their attempt to trick otherwise intelligent people that this new formulation is something the old one was not. But we are the Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies. Do they really think they could pull a fast one on us? I don’t think so. Unfortunately @BoSox15 fell for it.

Maybe they can play games with their marketing on others but no to Randy &@MntnMan62 .

The new formula is pure garbage. Save yourself from not buying it. I will send an email to BS to tell them that I want the old Maca or else I will send them an envelope with anthrax music inside.

Last edited by a moderator:

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Maybe they can play games with their marketing on others but no to Randy &@MntnMan62 .

The new formula is pure garbage. Save yourself from not buying it. I will send an email to BS to tell them that I want the old Maca or else I will send them an envelope with anthrax music inside.

Wow. It's just shaving cream man...

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.

i protested at their online store
:)

Top Bottom