Mac & Cheese goes with …?

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
Screenshot 2022-01-19 083456.png
couldn't resist LOL

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Most frozen fish sticks are fried which in my opinion is the key. Mac&Cheese goes good with anything fried be it fish, chicken, or steak. It’s also a regular side with BBQ especially brisket. Mac&Cheese can be it’s own meal too, depending on the ingredients.
I’m assuming since you mentioned Casserole this is a Mac&Cheese you actually made with separate ingredients rather than the box kind with powdered “cheese” sauce.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I’m assuming since you mentioned Casserole this is a Mac&Cheese you actually made with separate ingredients rather than the box kind with powdered “cheese” sauce.

The "box" kind is generally know in Canada as "K.D." ... short for "Kraft Dinner".

1642617029785.png

(Seems to be marketed in the USA as "Kraft Mac and Cheese" ... and now in Canada as "KD".)

1642617083063.png

IMHO it's vile stuff and needs a lot of real ingredients added to make it palatable. That's what I'd do as a starving student ... ground beef, fried onion, real cheddar ... all added to this dish ... but it's a quick stovetop dish rather than the in-oven "real" mac and cheese.

1642617441054.png
1642617533414.png

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
So I went with a kiddie version Chilli. And yes @Whisky , everything was done from scratch as there is no Velveeta or such available here. Béchamel, sharp Cheddar, elbow pasta, garlic powder and Hungarian paprika :)

View attachment 1396205
I do not see beans in your Chili- bravo for that as no “true”chili has beans in it. However, the addition of corn also makes it not “true” Chili. :lol:

Top Bottom