What's new

"Mac" Attack

FOUR good reasons to look forward to shaving everyday...

full

Shavemac #22607, SMF I, SMF II and a #181. The #181 is no longer available on the website, but it is a 23mm silvertip.

Finally, you can have a "Big Mac" attack without suffering health issues!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenneth,

The 181 was my first "real" brush. I started with a Surrey, moved to a Tweezerman, added an Omega, and then the #181. It is a HEAVY brush. And it doesn't get a lot of use...but I still love it. It's the only brush I hang in a stand! It is no longer on the Shavemac website, but I'm sure you could contact Bernd at Shavemac and he could still produce it.

Randy

I could not find SMF I on their weibsite either... looks like pretty dense brush.
Any resource where I can find more info on that brush ?

SMF was a limited offering. Alas, they are no more. Occasionally they come up for sale from folks, but that is the only option. Awesome brush.

I razor burned myself pretty good yesterday, and definately should give myself a few days off...but damn do those Shavemacs draw me to them !

Scotto,
Thanks for the clarification and I have couple of other questions.
1.What is the average market price asked by the people for SMF?
2.Is there any other brush performs similiar to SMF?
Thanks

Most of the SMF brushes I have seen go back on the market are in the $75-85 dollar range. The brush itself is a 26mm silvertip, so I would expect any of his 26mm silvertip brushes would offer the same performance. For me, the #22607 performs every bit as well as the SMF I, and it is also a 26mm knot.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
FOUR good reasons to look forward to shaving everyday...

Finally, you can have a "Big Mac" attack without suffering health issues!

Randy

Randy, my wife would kill me if I went out and got four new brushes like those beauties. I will take my chance with Mickey D's.

Glen

Randy,

How's the handle on the 22607? I've been contemplating that one, but wondered how comfortable the handle would be in use.

Agent86 said:
Randy,

How's the handle on the 22607? I've been contemplating that one, but wondered how comfortable the handle would be in use.

It is the Shavemac I reach for most often. The ergonomics of the brush make it very easy to use. Unless you have very small hands, I think the design makes it the most user friendly brush that I own. The handle is beefy, and the octagonal ring make gripping it a breeze, regardless if your hands are dry, wet and/or soapy. I've thoroughly enjoyed using it.

Randy

The SMF I is an amazing brush. I couldn't think straight til' I got my hands on one. Although it is an amazing brush, I still find myself going for my old Shavemac 23mm with the old style floppy bristles the most.

Are the bristles on the SMFI the same as the SMFII? The SMFI looks lighter. I just used the 22556 for the first time today; I'm going to have to use it side by side with the SMFII to see if I can actually tell the difference between a Finest and Silvertip! Great brush...trying to decide on it versus the new 22562 Pure is a tough decision every morning.

My impression was that Bernd changed his silvertip bristles at some point after the SMF I was made (from the picture I'm guessing the change happened before the SMF II?). I understand that the new ones are supposed to be softer than those, so unfortunately a new Shavemac in 26mm knot wouldn't actually be the same.....

My understanding is that the Shavemac bristle change happened before both SMF brushes. DrP can give us the real poop.

When using the brushes, the SMF I, II and the 22607 all feel the same to me. The shorter loft on the #181 does seem to make it feel a bit more dense. As to the appearance of the brushes, the SMF I has received MUCH more use than the others, probably more use than the others combined.

Randy

Top Bottom