What's new

M200 Black Incoming

I really love my Pelikan M200 Cafe Creme with a 14k gold nib, but I'm not comfortable taking that pen to work with me. So, I decided it was finally time to get a second Pelikan, but this time with a steel nib.

I just ordered a Pelikan M200 in black with a fine steel nib from Indypendance. I called them this morning to discuss how I would used the pen, which nib might be suitable, how should I have it tuned, etc. Linda was extremely helpful, and I'm really excited that I know I'm getting a pen that I really want, and it will be properly tuned before they ship it out to me. No skipping, no hard starts, no ink starvation issues, no scratchiness. (Problems I've had with lots of other pens in the past).

Bird number two on the way! Can't wait!

I'm sure you'll be very happy with the new pen.

I bought a Pelikan M200, back in the late 1980s. Gray and black, with an XF gold-plated nib. It's what I carry in my inside breast pocket most days, as my "always have a pen with me" pen.

It's a fine performer. True, when I'm at home, at my desk, I'd rather use a larger Pelikan (my pre-German reunification, blue stripe M800). But for carrying around, the M200's a champ. It always writes easily and well. It never leaks - and yes, I've carried it on many airplanes. The piston fill mechanism still works perfectly. The window is still clear.

I've got it on me at this very moment, loaded with some Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher ink. Used it to jot down a phone number, not 5 minutes ago.

strop

Now half as wise
And a nib from Linda will be superb. She's been authorized by Richard himself to use the term "Binderized"!:thumbup1: You should order a second nib with her "daily italic" grind. I've tried my sons and it is very nice. And this reminds me I need to order one for myself.

Top Bottom