What's new

Lynn Abrams Straight Shaving

Thanks to Randy Tuttle for bringing up the fact that the Lynn Abrams Straight Razor Shaving Video should be posted here.

Interested in a straight, or want to see how the "Honemeister" himself shaves with a straight?

Check this out!

You can learn more about straight razor shaving in the Straight Razor forum here, and also from Lynn's site, Straight Razor Place!

Thanks Guys!!!

The DVD has been very well received and is still in great demand as a result of your kind words.

Lynn

Lynn, the only thing I can't do is pull my skin taut, because the pain I get is unbearable. Otherwise, I try to use your technique all the way.

Jeff

I saw this linked video -- dude shaving a full growth beard off with a straight but he uses canned foam dry. You can see him grimacing at times.

How about that huge skip the blade takes on his first stroke? :eek: Not to mention the multiple passes on dry skin and all of that hair going down the drain.

Thanks Guys!!!

The DVD has been very well received and is still in great demand as a result of your kind words.

Lynn

Lynn, your DVD is excellent. It's got lots and lots and lots and lots of really useful information. The honing section for me was the most invaluable. And the survey of your collection...well, I've watched it twice already. :drool:

Lynn, it's an excellent DVD. Once I feel I've mastered DE shaving, I will be journeying into the next level.

I'm sure you are aware that the DVD being referred to is Lynn's 3-1/2 hour production “World of Straight Razor Shaving” containing a wealth of great straight razor information in eight sections, including hones and honing, strops and stropping, a shaving demonstration, an introduction to mugs and brushes, cleaning razors, minor restoration, and much more. It is available directly from Lynn or on my site at ----->http://vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/home.php?cat=127.

I only wish it was a pressed (manufactured) DVD. Don't get me wrong, it is of great quality on a very nice high quality Printable DVD-R. I just wish it had more "staying power". I would love to keep this as a reference for a very long time, and burnable DVD only last a couple years....:frown:

Besides this fact if you shave with a straight.. BUY IT!
If you are thinking about shaving with a straight...BUY IT!
It is absolutely worth EVERY PENNY!!:thumbup:

I only wish it was a pressed (manufactured) DVD. Don't get me wrong, it is of great quality on a very nice high quality Printable DVD-R. I just wish it had more "staying power". I would love to keep this as a reference for a very long time, and burnable DVD only last a couple years....:frown:

Besides this fact if you shave with a straight.. BUY IT!
If you are thinking about shaving with a straight...BUY IT!
It is absolutely worth EVERY PENNY!!:thumbup:

I would just like to add.

If you dont shave with a straight BUY IT aswell ! its just fun to see the nostalgic way of a piece of history how men used to shave in the old ways even DE only users can learn something from the DVD.

with regards to the staying power thats why you burn a copy for yourself and keep the one you bought from Lynn in a safe place ? I do it with my original ,music CDs aswell.
I also have the DVD as single files on my HD , incase one of the other discs fades out DVD-R's do that faster then factory pressed discs I do agree with that. and HD arent 100% fail safe either.

It would have made it look a bit more prof. if indeed a pressing plant would have done the job. but I dont know the minimum amount of Discs you'd have to take .

Anyways thats not something to get sleepless nights over , im just glad Lynn took the time to do this monster of a job. it could be much worse I could have been stuck with S-VHS tape.

What he said. Save a copy to your HD and it will also be preserved when you back up your HD. You DO back up your HD, don't you?

Top Bottom