What's new

luxury wallets

What is the most you've spent on a wallet?

• Total voters
Anyone using theses carbon fibre wallets made by Portes Cart Stockholm Typical cost £22
proxy.php

Here's a picture of one of the wallets made by the craftsman I mentioned. This one is made of vegetable tanned saddlery leather, rather than the stallion leather I was thinking about, which would be a bit more expensive.

il_794xN.1656934658_p7yh.jpg

Ridge wallet. RFID protection, holds my cards plus some cash . . . I think it was ~$30.00. No lump in my back pocket, either, which is nice.

Once upon a time I went for expensive wallets. Then I realized that carrying a large wallet in my back pocket was causing back problems and providing an inviting target for pick pockets.

Thus, I slimmed down what I cary and went to a front pocket wallet from Rogue. Much better IMO!! :a29::a29:

I have two LV wallets. The monogrammed one I’ve had for nearly 13 years. The second I’ve had for six (I think).
I don’t really carry cash so neither gets particularly thick. I change them over at least once a year to rotate them through.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I carry a Mont Blanc bi-fold. I can’t speak highly enough of their products. Really nicely made and a lot less logo, just the star.

I have two LV wallets. The monogrammed one I’ve had for nearly 13 years. The second I’ve had for six (I think).
I don’t really carry cash so neither gets particularly thick. I change them over at least once a year to rotate them through.

Thanks for posting these.

I'm 52 years old and have been through any number of wallets. Some really nice, some not. I started using a minimalist wallet from Saddleback about 7-8 years ago and will never go back. Nothing to open and close, full grain leather, no plastic ID window to discolor or tear, and not capable of turning into a giant Costanza wallet. This currently holds 2 ID's/License, 2 personal credit cards, 2 debit cards, my corporate card, insurance card, and some cash. My posture appreciates the limits it places on what I accumulate. Just like all their products, it may outlive me...
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a MB bi-fold that I use as my travel wallet. I chose it because it was tall enough to hold non-US money (and I had some use or lose airline points to use). I also bring a little coin pouch (from Coach - birthday present from wife). I try to minimize the logo flash when I take out the wallet by strategic finger placement or keeping the logo down or in the palm of my hand.

At home I seem to need to carry more stuff(tm) in a generic no-name wallet. I might work on separating my wallet needs into two parts. A small pouch for the coins, bills and CC cards. Then a little card case for the ID, health card, permit, and other misc cards.

Ruckin

I've been using Wilson's leather wallets for a while. They're 15-25 bucks. Nice leather, the first lasted almost 5 years and the one I have now is 2 years old and looks new

Have had 3 wallets in the past year or so.

A Ralph Lauren one that was used for many years.

Got fed up of carrying a big lumpy wallet in my pocket so I switched it out for a slimline Maxpedition fabric wallet.

Then stumbled across a leather goods maker, Stock and Barrel Co. who are based out of Utah.

Picked up a Western style wallet in chestnut veg tanned leather for $68. It’s gorgeous new, beautifully crafted and will patina nicely.

Thoroughly recommend their products.

0C999BD4-35A8-4132-A4F6-47A5624B4F58.jpeg
1AFA010C-9D9A-4D7B-9061-6C9DA8BD67A1.jpeg
C8469176-3938-4A64-A728-A17AE75EEB90.jpeg

I bought an inexpensive burgundy eel skin wallet on eBay about 10 years ago. Loved it so much I bought 10! Some in black. They last about 5 years so I should be set for quite a while although I've given some as gifts. Also wearing eel skin belts.. anyway I can share the ebay listing if anyone's interested. Happy spending friends!!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I carry a cognac alligator card case from Saks in one front pocket (purchased on sale for about $35), and a 30 year-old sterling Tiffany money clip (received as a gift) in the other. I've done this for years. Feels more secure, is more convenient, and doesn't show the way a billfold does.

I have a croc bi-fold I probably paid $40 for in Thailand a few years ago. I love the way it looks and it is holding up reasonably well. Before that I would go through a wallet every three years or so. I usually got something at Nordstrom's Rack. Various brands and designs, none of which I loved, but none of which I remember have great durability problems with. I would pay real money for an American gator billfold if I could find one I like that was not insanely expensive. I have some gator belts from various sources and have had gator watch bands. I like the look and they seem durable. Croc not as durable.

Top Bottom