What's new

luxury wallets

What is the most you've spent on a wallet?

• Total voters
Do you carry a luxury wallet? I came across wallets from brands like Louis Vuitton (upwards of $400) and Hermes (upwards of $1000). Where I live, it's quite common to find women sporting LV purses. Is it common for men to buy expensive wallets?

My current wallet (a big skinny bifold) runs about $25. It is practical and gets the job done, but it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of looking good and feeling like a fine product. I am starting to think of splurging on a luxury wallet.

Last edited:
I have a leather wallet that was no more than 25 bucks, sold by Levi's. It has served me well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My wife bought a fancy purse on our last vacation to Paris . Ended up buying a small wallet for myself too.

I figure I’m spending 25 bucks almost every year to replace the cheap broken one, so I’ll spend a bit more for one that will last longer. So far it’s been 7 years and still looks brand new.

My wife bought a fancy purse on our last vacation to Paris . Ended up buying a small wallet for myself too.

I figure I’m spending 25 bucks almost every year to replace the cheap broken one, so I’ll spend a bit more for one that will last longer. So far it’s been 7 years and still looks brand new.

If you don't mind sharing, which one did you get?

I got a wallet from longchamp. Was looking at the Louis Vuitton stuff but I hate all the logos.

Just pulled the wallet out of my pocket for this picture. It’s a navy blue.
image.jpg

I have a Bosca wallet. This one I've had for 22 years. Still going strong. Think it was $110. I'm getting my money's worth!
20190618_112912.jpg

OK, since folks are posting pics (appreciated) here's my non luxury wallet showing areas of wear after < 2 years of use (bought 09/2017), and I tend to be very gentle.

Attachments

• IMG_2405.JPG
    IMG_2405.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2406.JPG
    IMG_2406.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2407.JPG
    IMG_2407.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
For many years, I used a cheap bi-fold wallet until my credit card got skimmed sitting at an Applebee's bar 50 miles away in 2012. I hardly ever carry a credit card, so I can pinpoint the exact date and place it was skimmed. My wife and I have used RFID wallets since. The funniest part of the story is that Visa caught the problem before I did and froze the account. The next day I tried to order my wife a new bible online and the purchase got rejected. DUH!! Can it get any more embarrassing?

Saddleback. Far from luxury, but surely much better than the things I see some guys pull out of their back pockets! Basic, simple and well made. I don't see a reason to go much further than that right now.

You can find some very nice leather wallets at antique/flea markets. Some nice ones for use in a jacket breast pocket

I carry a $12 pocket wallet with RFID protection. I have had it for about 3 years and it doesn't look new anymore, but it is holding up. I don't know if I could bring myself to spend a lot of money on a wallet.

I carry a Coach wallet and a matching card case. I can't remember how long I have had it but it is showing signs of wear. I just wanted something that would last longer than the $25 wallets I was buying.

Have come across a couple local leather workers in my travels that do some really nice work, looks promising for when the day comes to replace my current wallet, i'll start the search with them.
dave

I do carry a luxury wallet, a Mark Cross of unknown vintage, but based on their current offerings I paid less than 10 percent of retail.

I got it because I love my 1913 Mark Cross razor figure at around $40 a nice Italian calfskin wallet that's sufficient rationale.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My daily wallet is a trifold rayskin - exceptionally durable. For luxury occasions I have either a croc bifold in both brown and black or an E. Goyard St. Sulpice in burgundy. A Couch bifold in vintage MB Tex and one made by a local artist that was sold at the nasa rocket park. 90% of the time it’s the rayskin. I bought the croc years ago for a song. The Goyard was a treat on a trip to Japan - pricey but very nice to use for light travel.

C799A4A4-0266-41A5-9964-309026604D6D.jpeg
08CE0CE2-57EB-43D8-ABC3-7DE8CB304744.jpeg
34CB6E5D-2628-4298-9185-D465ED8C0EA4.jpeg

I’ve carried this one all day, every day for the past 5 years or so, and it still looks great. A Money Clip Wallet from Mitchell Leather in Thiensville, WI. I have had it grossly overloaded the entire time I have owned it, but it still looks great. I really wouldn’t consider anything else as a replacement.

Salvatore Farrogamo has served me well!300$+ Built with quality, compared with many luxury brands it was better built than most.
2019-06-18 19.00.37.jpg

My daily wallet is a trifold rayskin - exceptionally durable. For luxury occasions I have either a croc bifold in both brown and black or an E. Goyard St. Sulpice in burgundy. A Couch bifold in vintage MB Tex and one made by a local artist that was sold at the nasa rocket park. 90% of the time it’s the rayskin. I bought the croc years ago for a song. The Goyard was a treat on a trip to Japan - pricey but very nice to use for light travel.

I've one of those Couch MB billfolds, (and a bunch of their seatbelt guitar straps), appears they've used up their stock of that Benz fabric.
dave

Top Bottom