What's new

Luxardo Maraschino cherries

I have really been into Manhattans over the winter; esp following the “perfect” recipe from Bon Appetit, with the exception of adding Luxardo cherries (and a spoonful of syrup) to the mix

These cherries have been the game changer for Manhattans – they are so deeply red they are almost black and their taste / texture is unlike any other cocktail cherry I have tried.

The Luxardo cherries deepen the red, add a sweet/sour tinge that compliments the bitters in the cocktail and they soak up the alcohol perfectly.

Mixing a batch, stirring with ice and straining into a Nick & Nora glass is fine – but giving it a shake with ice and pouring the entire shaker into a double old fashioned glass is righteous

1 cup bourbon (I use Woodford Reserve)
⅔ cup Noilly Prat Rouge vermouth
4 dashes Angostura bitters
4 orange twists
4 Luxardo Maraschino cherries

This is *supposed* to make four cocktails…well, served in a Nick & Nora glass it does, but it measures out perfectly into two double old fashioned glasses

+1

I started adding Luxardo cherries to my Old Fashioneds (as well as a splash of Luxardo Marachino liqueur) and it really add a new layer of flavor and complexity.

+1

I started adding Luxardo cherries to my Old Fashioneds (as well as a splash of Luxardo Marachino liqueur) and it really add a new layer of flavor and complexity.

Luxardo Marachino liqueur is a magic potion. I add it to my fruit salads and smoothies.

Top Bottom