What's new

Lurker finally crawling out from under the rock

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Greetings one and all, been a long time browser of these boards over the past few years and decided to finally make an account.

Bit about myself: live across the pond in not-so-great Britain. Been a wet DE razor shaver ever since I had a moustache or beard to shave, although I didn’t really take my shaving seriously until about 5 years ago, which was when I started looking up razors, soaps and the whole nine yards - first proper DE razor was a Merkur that I picked up in a mom and pop in NYC. Was diagnosed with terminal cancer with a very poor prognosis, which was great for my shaving hobby - not only did I have more hair to shave (my head), I suddenly didn’t need to worry about saving up for retirement anymore!

I must admit though, I cheated and used an electric razor for the head for a while, didn’t start trying to manually shave my head until when the lockdown started here in the UK about 6 weeks ago. Still nick myself occasionally, chemo makes cuts heal slowly so my head looks worse than it is. Currently working with a new Rockwell 6S and a nice silvertip brush made by Edwin Jagger, huge upgrade from what I was using before.

Looking forward to continue my silent stalking of the boards, although now that I have an account, might be tempted to post something now and again.

Paul

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Ridpath : so glad you have stepped out of the shadows! Please don't be a stranger, as these poor folks on here get really tired of the drivel I post and would love to have you comment instead of me.

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, looking forward to finding out for deep the rabbit hole goes.

Paul
Haha - that rabbit hole has no bottom as you will likely find out!
Congrats on becoming a B&B member and welcome again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Welcome to B&B.

drag-2.jpg

Top Bottom