What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Lurker finally crawling out from under the rock

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Contributor
Greetings one and all, been a long time browser of these boards over the past few years and decided to finally make an account.

Bit about myself: live across the pond in not-so-great Britain. Been a wet DE razor shaver ever since I had a moustache or beard to shave, although I didn’t really take my shaving seriously until about 5 years ago, which was when I started looking up razors, soaps and the whole nine yards - first proper DE razor was a Merkur that I picked up in a mom and pop in NYC. Was diagnosed with terminal cancer with a very poor prognosis, which was great for my shaving hobby - not only did I have more hair to shave (my head), I suddenly didn’t need to worry about saving up for retirement anymore!

I must admit though, I cheated and used an electric razor for the head for a while, didn’t start trying to manually shave my head until when the lockdown started here in the UK about 6 weeks ago. Still nick myself occasionally, chemo makes cuts heal slowly so my head looks worse than it is. Currently working with a new Rockwell 6S and a nice silvertip brush made by Edwin Jagger, huge upgrade from what I was using before.

Looking forward to continue my silent stalking of the boards, although now that I have an account, might be tempted to post something now and again.

Paul

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Contributor
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, looking forward to finding out for deep the rabbit hole goes.

Paul

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, looking forward to finding out for deep the rabbit hole goes.

Paul
Haha - that rabbit hole has no bottom as you will likely find out!
Congrats on becoming a B&B member and welcome again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk