What's new

Lupo--whats your favorite handle?

Picked a .72 Lupo up with a barber pole handle, love the razor but imo the barber pole is just too big for the razor head as far as porportions go.

Like to know what preferred handles anyone has, whether razorock or another. Thanks;

I also have the Lupo on the RR barber pole handle and like it a bunch but lately have been considering getting the RR UFO handle. Looks like a slightly larger version of a Gillette ball end Tech handle.

lasta

Blade Biter
The barber pole is the most balanced in the hand. But the shorter HD looks better.

Nowadays you can buy the vintage bar handles from RR. Even shorter.

Not a lupo, but you get the idea.
20220821_161234.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like a thinner handle on my RR Lupo.72 it seems to make it more nimble, if buying a Razorock handle the UFO knurled handle is OK with good hand feel IMO. I have tried other brand names for handles and there is large selection to confuse a person out there.
I bought a few handles on sale cheap Yaqi SS handles I experimented with and thin handles seem my liking for this razor or I like to use short handles also if steep angle (riding the bar)shaving.
Short handles for Steep angle shaving(riding the bar)gives a person more quicker nimble movements with less leverage and weight & I prefer to use them also for very aggressive razors like the R41 razor or Yaqi knights helmet head. (I do not use a short handle on my lupo.72 no need but does not hurt try if curious).
Razorock (Italian barber) also makes short handle versions if your interested in their 3 inch lengths also.

I like the barber pole for the 95 and 72 safety bar lupo but can't use it on the 95 open comb. The OC has a yaqi spiral that is longer but feels lighter.
The barber pole is the most balanced in the hand. But the shorter HD looks better.

Nowadays you can buy the vintage bar handles from RR. Even shorter.

Not a lupo, but you get the idea.
View attachment 1512153
That looks like the RR vintage thick.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I like long handles in general.
Long RazoRock option: Super Knurl
Shorter RazoRock option: HD handle

Fancier:
Alpha Shaving Viper or Bravo handle. I use the Viper for my Wunderbar, though.

Light and super fancy:
Timeless Ti Crown. That's a very cool handle.

I would like this one in a slightly longer and SS version, too.

Enjoy, whatever you decide for in the end.

I use a Timeless Ti Crown handle on my Lupo now. I much prefer the weight compared to the Super Knurl handle which I didn't mind otherwise.

Top Bottom