What's new

Lupo stainless?

20220113_101342-01.jpeg

Second shave with the potential heier of the RR throne. This Lupo .95 strongly challenges my preferred RR head, the .84 OC Gamechanger. What a nimble, smooth and efficient head this Lupo is.
What? You already knew? I see 😀

Today's been one of those shaves where the stars seem to have perfectly aligned. I had two super enjoyable and buttery smooth passes with the Rapira Platinum Lux (4th use). No blemishes on the face, my skin feels soft and totally calm. BBS.

Happy shaves & thank you to all contributers in this thread :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Iridian

Cool and slimy
To me the GC beats the Lupo. Smoother.
I feel the same way and agree to everything you said, except, obviously, for the mentioned ATT plates I don't own. Yet. 😁
I find ATT odd, their prices seem so high and their razors look, handle and head, so extremely generic that I am always surprised how extremely well they perform.

I can't put my finger on it, the Lupo shaves steep very nicely, as I like it, but in the end I prefer the Game Changer design in practice, too.

Not related to your posting, from the three Game Changer plates I like the OC the most. JAWS seems to add only danger and uneven exposure to the skin in my opinion. I lopped of skin at the corner of my chin with the JAWS .84. I later noticed I get the same quality with having to pay was less attention when using the OC plate.

When I want to achieve a perfect result while having to be focused and careful, the Mühle R41, steel or zamac, is still a top choice. But by now rather take the Husaria Mix, it's very close to the R41 but much more safe and easier to use.

For the scraping kind of shave I like the Timeless Slim OC. It almost benched the Lupo series for me. I realize it's much more expensive. But at least more readily available than a Wolfman, which supposedly surpass the Lupo .95. Which is just an assumption on my part based on reports by Wolfman owners, possibly biased somewhat.

In the end, both Lupo and Game Changer are not overly expensive to get, comparing them might help people to refine and figure out what they would like their dream razor to be.

AD0B05E8-825A-4850-ABEA-0AD8B83B51EF.jpeg

Late night shave and the Lupo .95 brought the hammer in a nice way. And with the Ethos providing protection and glide second to none, my face was a happy camper. Again, world class performance for a workmanlike price. Can’t argue with the results that this series from Razorock delivers. The GC series is an awesome collection as well along with the Mamba .70 & the BBS-SS. The Razorock stable is stacked and ready to provide great shave after great shave for years to come. But, for me the Lupo variants are well, like MC Hammer would say…

F5C426B4-3BF1-42C8-B853-77DF12983840.gif

Great shaves to all…

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Wholeheartedly agree. GC.84 was my favorite go-to SS DE razor. Lupo.95 dethroned it.
Me too. Not that the GC was my favorite of all SS razors, but it was certainly my favorite Razorock razor. I had just about every version of the GC, all the Mambas, and most other Razorock razors. Got rid of most all except the GC 84p. I considered it the best of a great bunch of RR offerings. But when the Lupo 95 came along, I discovered that it is a better shaver. Not as smooth as the GC 84, but better and closer shave results.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have more than a few shaves in with the GC84-P and the Lupo .95.

Both are really good razors. The results with both razors are very similar and close to each other.

Smoothness is where the GC84-P edges out the Lupo .95.

Need to stress, both are really good reasonably priced razors. However, in a similar price range, the Karve Brass SB-G is more efficient, at least as smooth and more effective than either the GC84-P or the Lupo .95. I reach for the SB-G more often.

Just my personal opinion. :)

I'm almost embarrassed to write this. I've been using the RR GC84 for quite a while and loving it. A few months back I got a large gap Wolfman and have been trying to teach myself to use it, but when I want an easy, thoughtless shave I would grab my GC. A couple days back I was going through my razors and noticed another RR, and not being able to read the small print I put on my readers. The unknown razor I was holding was my GC84! So what have I been using thinking it was my GC and getting amazing shaves? A Lupo 95 that I didn't even remember getting!!! I've since used the GC to see if I get as great a shave as I remember, and I do! Both the GC84 and the Lupo95 are amazing razors! Am I the only idiot using a razor, getting great results, and thinking it's something else?

Me too. Not that the GC was my favorite of all SS razors, but it was certainly my favorite Razorock razor. I had just about every version of the GC, all the Mambas, and most other Razorock razors. Got rid of most all except the GC 84p. I considered it the best of a great bunch of RR offerings. But when the Lupo 95 came along, I discovered that it is a better shaver. Not as smooth as the GC 84, but better and closer shave results.
My feelings also. The Lupo 95 is still the reigning King in my shave den. Obviously, that status is constantly subject to change... there is a Wolfman in my future than I plan on giving a fair shake.
I have more than a few shaves in with the GC84-P and the Lupo .95.

Both are really good razors. The results with both razors are very similar and close to each other.

Smoothness is where the GC84-P edges out the Lupo .95.

Need to stress, both are really good reasonably priced razors. However, in a similar price range, the Karve Brass SB-G is more efficient, at least as smooth and more effective than either the GC84-P or the Lupo .95. I reach for the SB-G more often.

Just my personal opinion. :)

I enjoy may Karves also. I run the brass and stainless CB with an E-plate and it seems to be as efficient and smooth as my Lupo. However, I usually end up with a better shave overall with the Lupo. The Karve seems lacking going S-N over my boney jawline and in that valley directly beneath my jaw... perhaps the thicker safety bar on the Karve vs Lupo. Or maybe the flatter blade clamping on the Lupo or just my bone structure? Whatever the reason, the Lupo has a splendid nimbleness that I find hard to beat.

Having explained that, I still enjoy the Karve and they stay in my top 3.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I enjoy may Karves also. I run the brass and stainless CB with an E-plate and it seems to be as efficient and smooth as my Lupo. However, I usually end up with a better shave overall with the Lupo. The Karve seems lacking going S-N over my boney jawline and in that valley directly beneath my jaw... perhaps the thicker safety bar on the Karve vs Lupo. Or maybe the flatter blade clamping on the Lupo or just my bone structure? Whatever the reason, the Lupo has a splendid nimbleness that I find hard to beat.

Having explained that, I still enjoy the Karve and they stay in my top 3.
Great comments. :)

Each face/skin/beard combination is different. What works for one shaver may not work well for another. :)

Only way I know to figure out if a razor is going to work for me is to buy it and try it. :)

Have you decided on a gap yet?
I just picked up a Lupo 95, and only have five shaves with it, but I also have a WR2 1.15 that I'm testing out at the same time.

doug

Unfortunately, I haven't even decided on a model yet and my name will probably come up in 2-3 weeks. I've got it narrowed down a bit... either a WR1 sb in .74 or .80 or the WR2 in 1.25. I thought the wr1 would be similar to the Lupo 95 since supposedly the Lupo is based off the WR1 Wolfman but honestly my head is spinning from all the input I've read recently. Possible data overload.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Unfortunately, I haven't even decided on a model yet and my name will probably come up in 2-3 weeks. I've got it narrowed down a bit... either a WR1 sb in .74 or .80 or the WR2 in 1.25. I thought the wr1 would be similar to the Lupo 95 since supposedly the Lupo is based off the WR1 Wolfman but honestly my head is spinning from all the input I've read recently. Possible data overload.

You know I have both the WR1 and WR2 and it's the WR2 that's the Wolfman with a feel and ease of use like the Lupo experience. WR1 is a different experience...more face feel, requires more attention during the shave. I love the auto-pilot feel of the Lupo and the WR2, but honestly, my favorite razor is the WR1.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I thought the wr1 would be similar to the Lupo 95 since supposedly the Lupo is based off the WR1 Wolfman but honestly my head is spinning from all the input I've read recently. Possible data overload.
I look at it this way, when building a high performance racecar, choosing the camshaft is like choosing a razor, you really don't know what to expect until you take it out to the track and make some runs. Oh, you can talk to other guys that have similar set-ups, but it ain't your car, or your face. I have changed camshafts after just one test session, camshafts that on paper and the dyno said they were better than the one I had before. Camshafts aren't cheap either, you also have to get a set of lifters, springs, and retainers with each one. And don't forget the keepers!

Just face the music, @Sweeney_ , if you put yourself on the Wolfman list, you are already prepared to get two of them.
My name should be coming up on the list pretty soon also, and I was pretty sure I was gonna put a check mark on a WR2 1.25, then make an informed decision on my next Wolfman. I was lucky enough to have a friend that wasn't using his WR2 1.15 lend me his, and I can tell you this, a Wolfman is a high performance razor. It needs more than just one test session.

Instead of trying to guess how a WR2 1.25 sizes up to a Lupo 95, what razors in your arsenal would you compare your Lupo 95 to?
Where the WR2 shines I think, is how it feels like so many of my other razors at the same time, which makes it hard to compare. Yesterday it had the characteristics of my R41, today the guard felt just like my Slim.

Tomorrow, I load up my Lupo 95 with the Polsilver that felt so good in my borrowed WR2 1.15.

doug

I look at it this way, when building a high performance racecar, choosing the camshaft is like choosing a razor, you really don't know what to expect until you take it out to the track and make some runs. Oh, you can talk to other guys that have similar set-ups, but it ain't your car, or your face. I have changed camshafts after just one test session, camshafts that on paper and the dyno said they were better than the one I had before. Camshafts aren't cheap either, you also have to get a set of lifters, springs, and retainers with each one. And don't forget the keepers!

Just face the music, @Sweeney_ , if you put yourself on the Wolfman list, you are already prepared to get two of them.
My name should be coming up on the list pretty soon also, and I was pretty sure I was gonna put a check mark on a WR2 1.25, then make an informed decision on my next Wolfman. I was lucky enough to have a friend that wasn't using his WR2 1.15 lend me his, and I can tell you this, a Wolfman is a high performance razor. It needs more than just one test session.

Instead of trying to guess how a WR2 1.25 sizes up to a Lupo 95, what razors in your arsenal would you compare your Lupo 95 to?
Where the WR2 shines I think, is how it feels like so many of my other razors at the same time, which makes it hard to compare. Yesterday it had the characteristics of my R41, today the guard felt just like my Slim.

Tomorrow, I load up my Lupo 95 with the Polsilver that felt so good in my borrowed WR2 1.15.

doug

I see what you're doing there Doug but the thing is, I was hoping the Wolfman purchase would be similar to buying a single cam for my old '69 Mach 1 that I drove as a teenager rather than buying four cams for my current 3rd gen coyote motor.

But yes, I think you're correct... the only way out of this conundrum is to make an informed choice and try it for awhile, then go from there. I admit to having already accepted the fact that I'll end up owning at least 2 Wolfmans, but the 2nd will have to wait for later down the road.
Thanks for the fitting analogy mate.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
SOTD January 17th

Razor:
Lupo 95 with Ti/Bronze LHF handle
Blade: Polsilver SI(2)
Brush: Shavemac 22/50
Soap: 1912 Club Cola
ASL: Clubman VIBR

After four shaves with the WR2 1.15, I loaded up the Polsilver in my Lupo 95 for an evening shave.

I got a late start, as It took me a bit longer than expected to drill out and bore a handle on my Sherline Miniature Lathe to lighten it up. It weighed in over 100 grams before I started, and tips the scale at 40 grams now.
20220118_083731[1].jpg
I also spent a few hours raking dirt and pulling tree roots in the back yard.
Boy are my arms tired.:ouch1:

It is certainly a tail of two different razors. :popc:

For my third shave in three days, I went with a strictly WTG, or N-S shave, as the love tap from the WR2 did leave a mark, and I was pretty sure it was going to be weeping again.

The lather was spot on, only about 6 and a half swirls, and one dip in the water mug was needed. My neck is on the sensitive side from the new shaving routine, and I am feeling some prickyness in the Shavemac, but I'm sure it will go away with more use. Aside from that, it feels great and works great, so it is staying in the rotation for now.

There is more blade feel, and the guard is more noticeable with the Lupo 95 over the WR2 1.15, but a less delicate touch was required. The weeper wept, but not enough to interfere with an otherwise fantastic shave. I only applied the alum on the weeper after the shave.

The Witch hazel had some tingling, and the VIBR gave me some heat with the Nivea balm cooling everything off for a nice refreshing shave.

The Lupo 95 is a great razor, and so is the WR2 1.15.
BOSC.2.FurtherStudiesRequred.jpg

More experimentation is required, as per BOSC Rules, I will be taking my meds as soon as Big Nurse shows up.

doug
20220117_184915[1].jpg

Top Bottom