What's new

Lupo stainless?

Great minds think alike, eh mate? I just received this Tibam last week but since I prefer shorter handles, I had him do me up an 85mm version. I think the whole razor is around 74 or 76g with the Tibam.

20210917_223730.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Tibam Sample 12 85 mm.Not mine.480.png

Great minds think alike, eh mate? I just received this Tibam last week but since I prefer shorter handles, I had him do me up an 85mm version. I think the whole razor is around 74 or 76g with the Tibam.

I'd not appreciated the Sample 12 as much from the vendor's photos as yours.

Could you speak to how grippy it is, and such? Polished, right?

Lovely handle.

9-7-21.X3.NY Ti Handle.Rave'sManchurian.Vitos.640.JPG

Here's a photo of my Tibam. It's in the matte finish and is 80 mm. Acquired on the BST. I have another in transit with the neck modified so it should fit my Blackbird. The head in this photo is the iKon X3.

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 1330401

I'd not appreciated the Sample 12 as much from the vendor's photos as yours.

Could you speak to how grippy it is, and such? Polished, right?

Lovely handle.

View attachment 1330395

Here's a photo of my Tibam. It's in the matte finish and is 80 mm. Acquired on the BST. I have another in transit with the neck modified so it should fit my Blackbird. The head in this photo is the iKon X3.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yes, polished and quite grippy. There's a bit of an angle to the knurling on each turn of the diameter that adds to the grip. I almost wish I'd requested 13mm diameter which seems to be my sweet spot on the Windrose and the RR UFO but I've adapted rather quickly to 14mm.

I love that matt Jim... I bet that would be a great match for the Blutt BR-1 from Switzerland.

cheers,
Erik

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yes, polished and quite grippy. There's a bit of an angle to the knurling on each turn of the diameter that adds to the grip. I almost wish I'd requested 13mm diameter which seems to be my sweet spot on the Windrose and the RR UFO but I've adapted rather quickly to 14mm.

I love that matt Jim... I bet that would be a great match for the Blutt BR-1 from Switzerland.

cheers,
Erik

Thanks. Never heard of the Blutt BR-1 before. Looked it up. Still don't know anything much.

You could consider your 14 mm to have been a rental...

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thanks. Never heard of the Blutt BR-1 before. Looked it up. Still don't know anything much.

As for the Blutt - I'm not sure if a direct link to another shaving forum is permissible - but if you Google search:

Errol Weekly Razor Review Blutt BR1

that should zero you in on a great review and write up, along with 40+ pages of razor reviews, including Lupo, Wolfman and many lesser known names. That Aussie bloke is amazing and his taste in medium/aggressive razors seems similar to my own.

I actually stumbled into the thread when searching for reviews/info on the PAA Meta 4 razor.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
As for the Blutt - I'm not sure if a direct link to another shaving forum is permissible - but if you Google search:

Errol Weekly Razor Review Blutt BR1

that should zero you in on a great review and write up, along with 40+ pages of razor reviews, including Lupo, Wolfman and many lesser known names. That Aussie bloke is amazing and his taste in medium/aggressive razors seems similar to my own.

I actually stumbled into the thread when searching for reviews/info on the PAA Meta 4 razor.

Thanks for reminding me of the gentleman's reviews. I don't always agree with Errol, but still find him very comprehensive, straightforward, honest, and helpful. He's saved me some money, that's for sure.

One the other hand, he's got me Jonesing for a titanium R41, and that's not good.

Errol's reviews can be found grouped, too, by searching for a cut and paste of links to his reviews in the form of a Weekly Razor Review Index. I don't know if the list is kept totally up to date, but it appears to be. (I searched for Errol's latest reviews to find out if they were included.)

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'm contemplating between the DC Lupo and the 95 Lupo... I enjoy efficiency so I'm leaning towards 95 but I like the versatility of the DC.

Any advices for which one to get? I like the Rockwell 6C (R6) and GC84 but can use a bit more efficiency.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

cheers,
Erik

I bet it would, too, but I notice the heads can't be purchased without a handle.

Errol's reviews of the Swiss Blutt BR-1 are impressive.

Blutt BR-1.jpg

I'm not wild about the Blutt handle.
  • A diameter of 12 mm is not unacceptable to me.
  • I prefer 13 mm or 14 mm.
  • I prefer a length or 85 mm or less.
  • The aesthetics are marginal in my view.
Also, I wouldn't know (yet) which head to get, and that's a bigger problem.

Of course, there's the other problem: How many razors can I buy before my wife kills me?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
I'm contemplating between the DC Lupo and the 95 Lupo... I enjoy efficiency so I'm leaning towards 95 but I like the versatility of the DC.

Any advices for which one to get? I like the Rockwell 6C (R6) and GC84 but can use a bit more efficiency.

I don't get the appeal of the DC. I do understand why people would, but I like symmetry in my razors. It would make sense as a tester-razor to see if I wanted a .72 or a .95, but they don't offer an open comb lupo (yet) so that comparison doesn't even really work.

Others love the DC. I love my .72.

To be honest, you'll likely love either one you choose. I'd go .95 :)

Lupo Stainless SOTD
SOTD-L-R_2021-09-20.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 16/47
Soap: Vitos Red [coconut flavor]
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT
Blade: Personna Red (12)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

A fine shave. :biggrin: (This ASL is so relaxing. :sleep12:)

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Loving that GT handle. 👍

Reactions: Cal

My two most used razors are the GC84 and the Lupo95. Both are superb and the .95 is a bit more efficient. The .95 is *exactly* what you want.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman

If you have a Kai SS blade try that in your RR.84 and that will tell you approximately what a Lupo.72 or .95 for efficentcy & aggression is IMO. The Kai blade is a little wider than a standard Gillette blade and gives a little more blade feel. I Have both the RR.84 and Lupo .72 and they are great razors. The Lupo is still a little smoother than my RR.84 with a Kai SS blade IMO.

Last edited:
My two most used razors are the GC84 and the Lupo95. Both are superb and the .95 is a bit more efficient. The .95 is *exactly* what you want.

I find my GC .84 sb and Lupo 72 very similar as far as efficiency, with the 72 being slightly smoother. Lately, I find myself reaching for the Lupo 95 more often than not. A slight step up in efficiency (+12 hours bbs easily) but so smooth that I can still use it everyday with no irritation on my old, sensitive skin. So I agree... the 95 would probably fit the bill.

Top Bottom