What's new

Lupo stainless?

Man, can't wait to try the SS 95. My Lupo aluminium shave (Feather blade) was brutal today. Had to switch razors midway.
The feather could have been the issue this blade isn't my favourite in the lupo or GC went with a polsilver today felt like a perfect combo

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
First shave with the Lupo SS 95 base today, to my surprise it felt more smooth and yet more efficient then the 72

I keep seeing this. My .72 feels just as good as my .95. The .95 feels more aggressive, but not so much that I need to be concerned. Now that I'm shaving every other day, I favor the .95 as it does a bit better job when there's more to mow.

First shave with the Lupo SS 95 base today, to my surprise it felt more smooth and yet more efficient then the 72

Well, technically by design it should be a more efficient performer as a result of the increased gap. The thing about the .95 vs .72 is that to some shavers that have used both, they've found the .95 to be the smoother feeling shaver. I can't verify that experience to be true or false and I'll take those statements as truth to the respective individuals who've made it. Personally, I think the geometry changes ever so slightly with the increase in gap that the increased distance physically should give a microscopic curvature advantage to the .95 over .72 in blade feel that would give it a bit smoother feel.

Just a theory, mind you as I haven't put any calipers, veneers or any precise measuring devices to the Lupo 95 to verify that thought.

Then again, it can be an YMMV type of thing which has even confounded the greatest minds in physics whom have a better grasp on the universe's greatest and most perplexing mysteries such as Black Holes, Wormholes, String Theory & Multiverse existence. Wet shaving is more akin to "The Twilight Zone" in many cases.

Enjoy & happy shaves.... :shaving:

Well, technically by design it should be a more efficient performer as a result of the increased gap. The thing about the .95 vs .72 is that to some shavers that have used both, they've found the .95 to be the smoother feeling shaver. I can't verify that experience to be true or false and I'll take those statements as truth to the respective individuals who've made it. Personally, I think the geometry changes ever so slightly with the increase in gap that the increased distance physically should give a microscopic curvature advantage to the .95 over .72 in blade feel that would give it a bit smoother feel.

Just a theory, mind you as I haven't put any calipers, veneers or any precise measuring devices to the Lupo 95 to verify that thought.

Then again, it can be an YMMV type of thing which has even confounded the greatest minds in physics whom have a better grasp on the universe's greatest and most perplexing mysteries such as Black Holes, Wormholes, String Theory & Multiverse existence. Wet shaving is more akin to "The Twilight Zone" in many cases.

Enjoy & happy shaves.... :shaving:

Thinking along the same lines. Depends on how that gap is achieved, lower guard or more curvature in the blade? The curvature could effect positive exposure?

The feather could have been the issue this blade isn't my favourite in the lupo or GC went with a polsilver today felt like a perfect combo

I have to get myself some Polsilvers. Which ones do you have (what does it say on the blade)? Any other blades you recommend for the Lupo?

I have to get myself some Polsilvers. Which ones do you have (what does it say on the blade)? Any other blades you recommend for the Lupo?
Polsilver super irridium not the cheapest but outstanding another option could be the wizamet super irridium some say its the same blade but cheaper and easier to find

Polsilver super irridium not the cheapest but outstanding another option could be the wizamet super irridium some say its the same blade but cheaper and easier to find

But does it actually say that on the blade? There are different "versions" of this blade, maybe they use a separate factory, or new equipment or something, and I'd like to test the exact one that has been working for you.

But does it actually say that on the blade? There are different "versions" of this blade, maybe they use a separate factory, or new equipment or something, and I'd like to test the exact one that has been working for you.
These are the ones I have. I have a bunch of the ones on top (Polsilver) which I believe are discontinued. The ones on the bottom are Wizamet. I haven't tried them myself yet, but some say they are pretty much identical, and some prefer the Wizamets.

IMG_20210611_235117.jpg

These are the ones I have. I have a bunch of the ones on top (Polsilver) which I believe are discontinued. The ones on the bottom are Wizamet. I haven't tried them myself yet, but some say they are pretty much identical, and some prefer the Wizamets.

View attachment 1280385
Yes these are the ones haven't tried the wizamet's but the Polsilver's are definitely one of my favourite blades smooth and plenty sharp at least for me they are

Yes these are the ones haven't tried the wizamet's but the Polsilver's are definitely one of my favourite blades smooth and plenty sharp at least for me they are

The thing is, I know the Polsilvers where made in different places, and the blade itself can be different (I mean, I'm not sure about the quality, but about the printing on the blade), so that's why I asked you about which one you had. The box can be the same, but the blades can be different (at least visually).

The thing is, I know the Polsilvers where made in different places, and the blade itself can be different (I mean, I'm not sure about the quality, but about the printing on the blade), so that's why I asked you about which one you had. The box can be the same, but the blades can be different (at least visually).
This how the actual blade looks like
20210612_215515.jpg

Hey Boys ..... I'm appreciating all your talk about PolSilver/Wizamet blades with the Lupo.
But, in my humble opinion, the Gillette Nacet is the PERFECT blade for the Lupo, and readily available.
Of course, for each individual face and technique, "YMMV," but you should really try the Nacet. :thumbup::thumbup:
You may say "Ahhhhh, this is nice !" Happy Shaving !

Hey Boys ..... I'm appreciating all your talk about PolSilver/Wizamet blades with the Lupo.
But, in my humble opinion, the Gillette Nacet is the PERFECT blade for the Lupo, and readily available.
Of course, for each individual face and technique, "YMMV," but you should really try the Nacet. :thumbup::thumbup:
True another favourite of mine, the perma sharps are nice as well but for smoothness I have to put the Polsilver's on top

I love the Nacet and Polsilver - fairly well stocked - but lately I'm on a roll with the Wizamet. 6 shaves in and still sharp and smooth. I've got at least ten other blades (and some vintage) for testing but just can't seem to turn loose of me wizamet. 🤣

Ymmv and cheers

I'll have to try a Nacet (I have a ton of them) :D

Top Bottom