What's new

Lupo stainless?

//"The GC 0.84-P OC is a very special razor (quite different from the sb version in quite a few aspects"//

Can I ask what makes it so special and so different from the SB version? Very interesting for me.

It has more blade clamping surface than the SB .Thus ,far higher blade rigidity.Coupled with a click more efficiency than the SB !
The GC 0.84-P OC shaves almost the
same with the Lupo 72 OC side(of the Lupo DC ).

From the very beginning, when it appeared in the offer, I was very curious about it, considering that the manufacturer qualifies it as one of the most aggressive on its "list"

RazoRock Lupo. 95 or DC

Positive opinions, which are a lot, have confirmed my belief that it must be one of the "better" machines and I must have it or at least check whether these delights with Lupo are really well deserved. Although, as is known, Everyone has an individual perception of Aggressiveness or Effectiveness, which for one colleague will be Aggressive or Effective for another no longer.

So a few sentences how LUPO DC "works" on me is not a review but a subjective feeling of the machine.

So I did not have to "purchase" the razor, I received it for a test courtesy of a colleague.

Lupo DC has a closed comb on the 0.95 side and an open after 0.72, These pages are very similar to each other in terms of effectiveness and aggressiveness, the difference is really negligible no "gulf" here .. although I would prefer the side. The 95 was with an open comb and the JAWS version would be the most suitable for me. But it is as the producer did and it stays that way

You can feel the razor blade in the razor, but is it really, ... not necessarily, I feel the same for RR. 84 OC, but JAWS gives me more blade feel.

For me, Lupo is not aggressive on both sides, you can successfully shave every day even with "sharp" gills. (something this manufacturer's qualification has little relevance to reality for me)
Page. 72 will of course be used often for first pass with more stubble.

As for the effectiveness of the razor ... Hhmmm

As I always point out, this is a relative issue depending on perception and individual feeling (judgment).
As I prefer more aggressive and more effective razors, I miss it a bit with Lupo .. I used most of the CC side, especially when shaving the head, but I also checked the open side .. So both sides checked on the face and head with a few gills which I consider to be good . KAI, ASTRA, WILKINSON Super Sword, Gillette platinum, Bic.

What can I write about, a device

It is less effective for me than the R41 or SB icons, which I like very much (which I asked my friend before using it, and he answered honestly as it is, i.e. less effective, but I wanted to check anyway, maybe I was under the impression that it would be otherwise.

Although I expected something better, it does not change the fact that the machine has many admirers for whom it is great, ... although I already have a bit "skewed" requirements for the machines, so as I wrote, my assessment does not have to suit all my colleague. ... so if someone writes that the machine is mega effective and aggressive, I probably understand ...

For me, it is moderately mild with satisfactory efficiency (i.e. good, but not very good), but the user who praises and uses, for example, the Standard R41 on a daily basis, will not be satisfied, on the other hand, for people who want something after R89 or King C Gillette is Lupo DC I will be very ok.

I only recall my subjective "distorted" opinion about this machine.
Thank you, my colleague, for the opportunity to test.

That’s a thoughtful and thorough perspective on your part. That experience is one of the biggest staples and the 1st commandment in the wet shaving universe, ”Thou shall remember, Your Mileage May Vary“ (YMMV) with each and all hardware & software that is used. I attribute that to each shavers personal preference and in the end, no one is wrong for their actual experience with a said razor.

I appreciate your candor & honesty concerning your shave results with the Lupo.

Happy Shaves…. :shaving:

I did not want to like the Lupo .95. I have acquired some excellent razors in the last few months, and I should be satisfiied. Surely the Lupo would not be better than any of my current favorites. When I saw a Lupo .95 head for sale on BST recently, I thought it the perfect opportunity to see what all the hype is about and pass it on.

It arrived yesterday, and I shaved with it this morning with a fresh Dorco blade. Two passes and very light ATG for face shave; 1 full pass and light XTG/ATG for second pass for head shave. That is about as efficient as one can expect from a razor. The Lupo does not feel aggressive or "bitey" in any way. In fact, it is very comfortable, and gave me a BBS shave on the first try with minimal effort. It is as smooth feeling as my Karve brass on C open comb and more efficient. There was much less blade feel with the Lupo compared to the EJ 3one6, again with much greater efficiency. I rank the Lupo in the same category of comfort and efficiency as the Henson medium.
IMG_20210606_074037253.jpg

I did not want to like the Lupo .95. I have acquired some excellent razors in the last few months, and I should be satisfiied. Surely the Lupo would not be better than any of my current favorites. When I saw a Lupo .95 head for sale on BST recently, I thought it the perfect opportunity to see what all the hype is about and pass it on.

It arrived yesterday, and I shaved with it this morning with a fresh Dorco blade. Two passes and very light ATG for face shave; 1 full pass and light XTG/ATG for second pass for head shave. That is about as efficient as one can expect from a razor. The Lupo does not feel aggressive or "bitey" in any way. In fact, it is very comfortable, and gave me a BBS shave on the first try with minimal effort. It is as smooth feeling as my Karve brass on C open comb and more efficient. There was much less blade feel with the Lupo compared to the EJ 3one6, again with much greater efficiency. I rank the Lupo in the same category of comfort and efficiency as the Henson medium.
View attachment 1277638
"There was much less blade feel with the Lupo compared to the EJ 3one6", amazing, it's true?
What about vs Rocca, if you have it.

"There was much less blade feel with the Lupo compared to the EJ 3one6", amazing, it's true?
I do not have a Rocca. My comments are from first use only, so are really not words of wisdom. The Lupo did feel more comfortable to me than the 3one6. Could very well be the blade I used. Also, I feel stubble growing halfway through the day when I use the 3one6. Right now, 7 hours after this morning's Lupo shave, still BBS. Again, blade could play a big part in that.

I have the Rocca, 3one6, and Lupo 95 and I also concur.....less blade feel with the Lupo. All are wonderful razors and not that much different in the performance category. I find all 3 about equal in terms of efficiency, but the Lupo is the smoothest.

It's easier on hand, much better blade feel and in my sense equally effective. Heavy, also I don't like the glide off steel on my face. I'm disappointed.

Interesting. I'm trying to get my aluminium to "work". Today with a heavier handle and a bit of technique, I was able to finally get a BBS, but it took a LOT of buffing. The final effect was actually pretty good, even under my nose, but I had to go slowly and ride the cap, in order for it to not "scrape" my face [last pass(es) ATG]. I used a KAI blade, tomorrow I'll be testing out a Feather. My face is also a bit irritated, although not as much as the first time I tried the Lupo.

The (black) aluminium seems to be rubbing against my face (instead of gliding) - I'm starting to think that it's the coating.

I like how the side of the razor is close to the blade, makes it's so easy to get to tough places, but like I said it takes forever to stop hearing the audio feedback and actually start getting a good shave.

That's why I want to get the DC 🤣

Lightweight Handle Fanboy (LHF) here. :biggrin:

I also prefer shorter handles, 75mm (just under 3") being my favorite.
had a friend, who has the means to work metals, lop-off about 1/2” from the RazoRock titanium halo handle, which is obnoxiously long, in my opinion.

Handle now is about 3-1/2” in length. And pretty darn perfect.
View attachment 1274025
I love short lightweight handles for ease of use and maneuverability (much as I prefer small sporty cars to limos). Shaving with a razor that has a long heavyweight handle makes me think of driving with a 10lb weight strapped to each forearm.

Here's a SOTD pic with my Lupo 95 GT*:
SOTD-L-K_2021-06-05.jpg

* I call it a GT due to its sporty, short, lightweight handle.

Handle specs:
  • Hollow aluminum (weight 14g)
  • Grippy knurled section 14mm diameter
  • Length 75mm

A big THANK YOU to my good friend Doug @Rosseforp for making this magic handle for me. :cornut:

Top Bottom