What's new

Lupo stainless?

My last few purchases from IB I've been opting for the UPS $6.99 option to try and avoid the recent USPS problems. Well worth the extra few dollars to help my stress levels. 😁

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe next time. But, for me, no stress, as I am enjoying my other razors. Life is good !

My last few purchases from IB I've been opting for the UPS $6.99 option to try and avoid the recent USPS problems. Well worth the extra few dollars to help my stress levels. 😁
Is it UPS all the way to your house or that horrible system that they drop it at the local USPS for the last stretch (which I think they most often take an extra long time just to annoy people).

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Is it UPS all the way to your house or that horrible system that they drop it at the local USPS for the last stretch (which I think they most often take an extra long time just to annoy people).
If I remember correctly it's UPS all the way, and I know exactly what you're talking about with the "Smartpost" delivery, I never liked that either.

Ordered today:
Screenshot_20210301-191035_kindlephoto-21955090.png

I need to tell you, as I am a good friend with our local postmaster, and we're great neighbors with him and his family.
For the past year, since the COVID pandemic really started big time, more and more people have been shopping
on-line (via Amazon, Target, WalMart, etc., etc.) and the USPS system has been overwhelmed with daily deliveries.
Under staffed, under budgeted, and sometimes overwhelmed ..... every single USPS employee has been doing their
best to make sure that what we purchase is properly delivered. It's a strange new world, and we need to be patient
and be appreciative of how hard our local USPS people are working on our behalf. They are all "normal" people,
just like you and me, who are trying their hardest to do their jobs as best as possible. So, let's not scorn them .....
rather let's applaud them for their efforts and diligence !

Last edited:
Between USPS all the way or SmartPost.....I will always chose USPS all the way..... , and that is because they always drop the ball in the last stage (I think on purpose), this mixed system is money wasted!!. Now my first choice is UPS.... where I live they are with no doubt the BEST!

USPS had been OK'ish for some months and then suddenly as of the past 10 days it's all gone wrong. I have a package, well 2, that are just lost in limbo....."delayed" they call it.....one week and NO tracking updates.

I finished shave 2 with the Lupo 72. This shave was better than the last and the last was pretty darn good. Overall, I had to tweak the angle just a tad and all I got was a smooth shave. Awesome results, no irritation and one tiny little weeper in the usual neck area. Those spots always give me some trouble. I would probably get a cut if I shave with a razor with no blade at all :)

This razor is something unique and I am very impressed!

I just finished my first shave with my new Lupo .72, and I want to share my thoughts with you guys. I've been enjoying
our wonderful hobby of traditional wet shaving since the summer of 2016 (after around 43 years of disposables and
cartridges) and have been lucky enough to have experience with many different DE razors. My current "rotation"
includes Timeless Bronze SB, Timeless Aluminum, Edwin Jagger Ebony, Maggard's MR-5, and Rockwell 6C (plate 4.)

This morning's shave with my new Lupo .72 Bamboo handle was absolutely delightful, one of the best shaves I have
ever experienced. A fantastic rich thick face lather with Tabac cream and my Stirling finest badger brush, then three
lovely passes with the Lupo and a Nacet blade. I never thought about angle or pressure, and simply let the razor do
the work. The smoothness, efficiency, comfort, audible feedback, and sheer joy all combined for a perfect shave. An
easy BBS result, with no irritation or weepers. Finished off with Lucky Tiger splash and Kiehl's Facial Fuel balm. Nice !
My wife was wondering why I kept saying to myself "Oh Wow!, This is awesome" during the shave, and was so happy
for my exclamations of delight. The bamboo handle fit my hand naturally and securely, and the combination of the SS
head and baseplate delivered spectacular results. The razor is well balanced and very nicely weighted, and the entire
shave seemed rhythmic and quite intuitive. Boy oh boy, .... I love our hobby !

I jumped the sabbatical ship...been reading too many good reviews about this Wolfman clone. Ordered the .72 SB and the Dual Comb versions. Looking forward to checking them out. Thanks to all of you who shared your experience.

You'd better wait another month or so. Usually, at that moment, the honeymoon is over and most reviews are shifting :)

Meanwhile, Lupo 72 is still my daily go-to.
sotd_06032021.jpg

Comes at same cost of a handle
of some of the so called “Hi-End” brands.
Made of 316L marine grade
stainless steel.
Made for the “masses” ,
like once was made the Gillette Tech .
Holds the blade almost flat,
close to it’s edges in vice-like manner,
skyrocketing blade’s rigidity.
The ultra slim head and
the edge-length bar,
push agility and manoeuvrability
to the highest possible level.
Its ideal efficiency/safety ratio
usually is to be met at razors
having a much higher price.

It’s CNC machined with really low
tolerances ,thus having high precision
in every aspect as a shaving TOOL.

Being within the economic reach
of the majority,
one can wonder if indeed is the best
razor for the masses ,ever to be made.

P.S. :
Razorock should really consider producing a new series of lighter ,hollow maybe,razor handles especially made for the Lupo series.
The Lupo trully shines
when coupled with a
lightweight handle.

Last edited:
Received my Lupo .95 yesterday and got the first shave in today on three days worth of whiskers. But wait... it gets better; I also had received a Feather SS Artist Club a few days ago so I'm torn between which one to use for the shave, keeping in mind dear reader, that I'm a total noob to SR/shavette style razors.

So after prep and lather, load the Feather and off I go... yeah I'm old school baby! Well, sort of. Took a bit to get in the swing but the shave is good, cheeks and neck but oh lord... my face is bony and angular. Trying to fandangle the correct angle around my jawline and chin... lol.

My inner dialogue is like,
"This is going ok for the first time, right?"
"Uh... bollocks bro, now I see why someone got smart and invented the safety razor, a definite step forward in the evolution of shaving."

Anyway, when I started on the left side, I said screw it and picked up the .95 Lupo and it's like I entered shaving nirvana. Zipping along wtg, atg and around my jawline/chin like nobody's business.

Now I realize a lot of blokes love straights and shavettes, different strokes and all that. I'll revisit it I'm sure, try to perfect the technique and angles but if I'm being honest... it just felt like a step backwards to me, compared to the ease and maneuverability with a DE, but good fun and great times regardless of my incompetence.

For an encore, I grabbed the Autosol and a microfiber, then polished one of the lupo topcaps to see if some of that milky, foggy look would come off. Turned out much better.

20210306_183727.jpg

20210306_185445.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I jumped the sabbatical ship...been reading too many good reviews about this Wolfman clone. Ordered the .72 SB and the Dual Comb versions. Looking forward to checking them out. Thanks to all of you who shared your experience.
I was thinking why you bought this combination and realized you would get every variation combination of aggression & efficentcy of razor base plates for the lupo 2nd Gen (.72SB +.72 OC+ .95SB). Looking forward to your reviews, a fellow can always buy a base plate down the road.
You would think that Razorock would have Razor cases made so if a person gets different base plates he would have a place to store them securely.

@chohan
I ‘ve used Autosol in every RR razor.
I treat the cap at the outer surfaces only,using a microfiber cloth,
while for the handle and the outer
surfaces of the baseplate I use a very soft and worn out toothbrush.
The “foggy” / “cloudy” look does go
away really easy.
With a second application ,
the razor starts to look really shinny.
For sure it is not a high quality mirror
finish ,but enough for the razor to glide somewhat better.

Found that the Lupos need less effort
to polish ,than the GCs ,while the
BBS needed the least .

Something has changed regarding
the CNC manufacturing of the RR
razors ,since the BBS was introduced.

Maybe a new CNC mill and/or
higher quality ( sharper & longer lasting ) cutting tools are used,
or maybe a new programmer or design program was introduced
(BBS & Lupos have cross-hatched milling marks ,while all the
older GCs ,Mambas ,etc had only linear milling marks (the cutting tool went back and forth only at this case ) .

Since the introduction of BBS razor,
there’s a noticeable
(to the trained eye )
upgrade in both the precision
and the finish.
And of course,the Lupo razors
do have a more elaborate and
more complex design to be machined,
versus the rest
of RR’s stainless steel razor line.

The way I see it ,definitely
something is different and much
better than before,regarding the
machining of the RR razors.

Last edited:
Thanks @SCh5 I quite enjoy your insights into the machining aspects... things I never even notice until you mention them.

That Autosol is great stuff, a bit hard to source back when I first read of it in the MC forums. I originally bought it to clean/polish the SS header pipes on my motorbike but it works great on my SS razors.

@chohan
I’ ve used Autosol Dursol Shine
(white -pink tube ) paste and had great results.
But I’m aware that there is also
Autosol Stainless Steel
( silver-black
tube ) being the one NASA uses for
polishing their ss stuff ,
as also there’s Autosol
Metal Polish ( gold-black tube ) .
Which one did you use ,if I may ask ?

Last edited:
There are even more than those.
For chrome-plated parts,
for aluminium,for leather,
for polymers ,etc.
But those three pictured
can be used for polishing
stainless steel.
The one in the middle
( silver-black tube/NASA approved )
is the best for the job.

Received my Lupo .95 yesterday and got the first shave in today on three days worth of whiskers. But wait... it gets better; I also had received a Feather SS Artist Club a few days ago so I'm torn between which one to use for the shave, keeping in mind dear reader, that I'm a total noob to SR/shavette style razors.

So after prep and lather, load the Feather and off I go... yeah I'm old school baby! Well, sort of. Took a bit to get in the swing but the shave is good, cheeks and neck but oh lord... my face is bony and angular. Trying to fandangle the correct angle around my jawline and chin... lol.

My inner dialogue is like,
"This is going ok for the first time, right?"
"Uh... bollocks bro, now I see why someone got smart and invented the safety razor, a definite step forward in the evolution of shaving."

Anyway, when I started on the left side, I said screw it and picked up the .95 Lupo and it's like I entered shaving nirvana. Zipping along wtg, atg and around my jawline/chin like nobody's business.

Now I realize a lot of blokes love straights and shavettes, different strokes and all that. I'll revisit it I'm sure, try to perfect the technique and angles but if I'm being honest... it just felt like a step backwards to me, compared to the ease and maneuverability with a DE, but good fun and great times regardless of my incompetence.

For an encore, I grabbed the Autosol and a microfiber, then polished one of the lupo topcaps to see if some of that milky, foggy look would come off. Turned out much better.

View attachment 1233090

View attachment 1233093
Don't be dissing the SS, now, my friend. It's one of my favorite shavers. Used it again this morning.

I'm a replaceable blade straight razor user exclusively, although I clean-up along the difficult spots on the jawline and chin with a DE. My first shave with the SS I really only felt comfortable doing the cheeks. It gets better over time. I now have over 340 shavette shaves under my belt, so for me it comes almost more naturally than using a DE (haven't done a full DE shave since September of 2019).
But I love my DEs and always do a little clean-up (not an open-blade purist). That Lupo looks wonderful. Glad you enjoyed it.

(But don't give up on the SS that quickly!)

Don't be dissing the SS, now, my friend. It's one of my favorite shavers. Used it again this morning.

I'm a replaceable blade straight razor user exclusively, although I clean-up along the difficult spots on the jawline and chin with a DE. My first shave with the SS I really only felt comfortable doing the cheeks. It gets better over time. I now have over 340 shavette shaves under my belt, so for me it comes almost more naturally than using a DE (haven't done a full DE shave since September of 2019).
But I love my DEs and always do a little clean-up (not an open-blade purist). That Lupo looks wonderful. Glad you enjoyed it.

(But don't give up on the SS that quickly!)

Sorry, I didn't mean to give the impression of 'dissing', rather a poor attempt to inject some humor and an example of the mental war that was being waged.. The Feather SS is very well made and beautiful in it's simplicity. The problem yesterday wasn't the SS, it was the user and his attention being torn between two brand new razors.

Admittedly, the shave was great... no blood or weepers. Although I do notice a bit of irritation on that side of my neck today, perhaps due to my over exuberance and poor technique. Try to think back to your very first use of a SR/shavette and that was me. Respect to anyone who's mastered it. My plan is to soldier on and eventually (hopefully) become as proficient with the SS AC as I am with my DEs. Rome wasn't built in a day... slowly, slowly catchy monkey and all that. Thanks for sharing, it gives me hope. 👍

Top Bottom