What's new

Lupo stainless?

Well, I sold my Lupo DLC and Lupo SS Dual Comb this week.

Both were seriously great razors and represent a tremendous value. But in the end, I just have a handful of other razors that work better for my face (Timeless 95, Blackbird, Yates, Rockwell 6S to name a few).
I keep seeing this take from others, and agree the Blackbird (OC in my case) is a tremendous razor. I just am not getting better shaves from it than the Lupo II DC. And I get noticeably better shaves out of my Lupo than the Timeless 95 I used to own. I may be odd man out in this one, but the Lupo II DC is top notch for me.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I keep seeing this take from others, and agree the Blackbird (OC in my case) is a tremendous razor. I just am not getting better shaves from it than the Lupo II DC. And I get noticeably better shaves out of my Lupo than the Timeless 95 I used to own. I may be odd man out in this one, but the Lupo II DC is top notch for me.
That it’s ‘top notch‘ for you is ALL that matters. Congrats on finding the one!

Folks I received an email notification from IB that Lupo SS .72 is back in stock but with limited availability and it looks like it is available only with 3 select handles.

It hurts me much ironically. I was very excited about the prospects of getting a great-performing razor at an affordable price. Then I decided to go for a Ti Blackbird which for me costs over 4 times the price of the Lupo. I hope those who were eager to grab a Lupo will be able to do so soon.

So we all know that lupo = wolf in Italian. And we have a wolfman wednesday thread. I personally make sure to use my Lupo during a full moon... but what about Monday. That's moon day, right? So Lupo Monday?

I was all set to order a GC with a few different plates a month or so back - but this thread ruined me.

Ordered a Lupo .72 yesterday. ;-)
Good for you! I have tried neither the GC nor Lupo even though I was very closed to buying one or the other. In fact, I was researching GC when I noticed almost everyone was raving about their Lupo. The general consensus is that Lupo outperforms GC so you're in for a better treat!

LUPO 95
GSB (1)
Excellent shave!!
IMG_20210222_215548-01.jpeg

This morning I tested the Razorock lupo SS dc, 0.72 oc on one side and 0.95 sc on the other. = Accessories:
-Wizamet Super Iridium Sheet - Ethos Lavender Soap (also tested for the first time - excellent) - Antica Barbieria Colla Aftershave Lotion “Red Sandal Aftershave Milk” (excellent, but also slightly more expensive).
The beard was two days old (I usually shave every other day, but when I shave I like it very smooth).
As for the direction of the hair, I started with the oc.72 which worked very well. For the opposite direction, I used sb .95 and found it very useful. Eventually, I went out feeling very comfortable. I find the razor more fluid and efficient than the g.c. .84. Compared to my Timeless .95 sb (which is still my favorite), I found it shaved just as easily and effectively. But I have to wait until tomorrow to feel the regrowth and make a more informed decision, and also shave again to see if the skin is disturbed. Now I am very happy to have purchased it and I believe it will surely remain in my possession along with a few others.
Giovanni

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 24th 2021- Just sitting here 10hrs later and was just noticing a 10hr DFS beard starting :001_smile. The razor does perform well IMO.

Razor: Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo SS .72- MFG 2021> excellent mid range, smooth and carefree shave this morning.
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Razorock XXX- great soap with nice clean scent with excellent lather properties.
Brush: Yaqi 26 mm Red Zebra handle, excellent lather generator, heavenly soft tips with gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation on neck(over buffed) + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my RR 2nd Gen Lupo .72 with a Gillette Nacet.

DE SOTD, Wed, Feb 24th, 2021.jpg

Just having a little fun yesterday on another forum and took a collage photo of my Lupo 2nd Gen .72.(just sharing)
Lupo collage #3.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Ron R

I finally caved today. Spent hours researching whether to go for the .72 or .95 version, changing my mind frequently. Finally came to peace opting for the dual comb. Looking forward to exploring the experience.
I think you get the better of both with Dual bottom plate- comb.72 & SB.95, I did some research prior on the Lupo DLC and aluminum models and folks seemed to like them so I stuck with the .72 variant and happy with that decision. Folks seem to be enjoying the .95 just as much as the other 1st Generation aluminum models that are still available(that makes it easy or hard to choose) depending on beard or using it as a daily driver.

Last edited:
Tried something a bit different today, and I LIKED it. 3 day growth; warm shower prior; Shave Secret oil as preshave; aerosol shave gel (Walmart Equate) - none of that unprecedented. What was different is I only shaved with the grain, particularly with the .95SB side. First pass WTG with .72OC side; second pass again WTG with .95SB. This left me with very minor cleanups that were accomplished XTG mostly with .72OC and minor ATG still with the .72OC. REALLY comfortable close shave. I'll be interested to see how long it lasts.

Very intriguing the options this DC offers - it really opens up a lot of options to explore.

Lupo 95 is an Amazing performing razor. Gives you just the right amount of feedback to know its doing its job and mowing down the growth. Less blade feel than I anticipated. Wonderful BBS experience. The 95 Lupo hit all my sweet spots: Aggressive enough too use daily but not too Aggressive. Can be used 2-3 days of growth as well so very flexible. Good amount of blade feel. In comparison to my Blackbird Titanium-- The Lupo 95 has more blade feel. The Blackbird Ti is both smoother and more efficient, BUT it appears results are the same after 3 passes (Blackbird Ti only needs 2). On paper you would expect a Wolfman or Blackbird to blow out the Lupo 95, but the reality is that it's so close in all the important attributes to Experienced shavers that I now rate the Lupo 95 as the best bang for the your hard earned buck in all of wet shaving. (Tied with Yates H, but Yates is more expensive). To me the Yates H is smoother but the Lupo 95 is more efficient. Lupo 95 though still maintained it's Smoothness throughout the shave. This razor hand down, at least to me (YMMV) CAN PLAY WITH THE BIG BOYS. I have it ranked higher than Carbon Cx any plate, GC 84, Tatara, Timeless, CG Everyday, Homelike razors, ATT Windsor. It's a way better razor in my experience than Rex Ambassador or Envoy. Closest razor that I had tried with exact blade feel is the Alpha Outlaw But the Lupo 95 is more efficient and comfortable/smoother.
View attachment 1219599

That is one beautiful razor and that handle is gorgeous. I've been hooked on my GC 84 SB for the last 6 months and my favorite handle has been the UFO.

I broke down and ordered the Lupo 72 but there were only a couple handle choices available so I chose the Haloed UFO... looks like that was a wise choice. 👍

Mine should arrive tomorrow.

Ron R

That is one beautiful razor and that handle is gorgeous. I've been hooked on my GC 84 SB for the last 6 months and my favorite handle has been the UFO.

I broke down and ordered the Lupo 72 but there were only a couple handle choices available so I chose the Haloed UFO... looks like that was a wise choice. 👍

Mine should arrive tomorrow.
You might be surprised and enjoy your new Lupo 2nd Gen .72 a little more than the GC.84(I also have the GC .84), for sure it is a nicer razor to load blades and remove them IMO, I do a 2 pass with pickups(really a 3 pass) and not a 3 pass with pickups. I find it gets me my type of shave I like. The lupo.72 is a nice razor and well designed and the best part is under the nose nare area( I have a mustache) and it is a Awesome DE razor for were that other razors would be hard to reach in that area(open tab type)(SE is the only other razor that is a little better possibly for the nose nare area?). Enjoy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom