What's new

Lupo stainless?

Put in a brand new Voskhod and lathered up with a brand new RR Bruce brush (which was excellent by the way) and did a fairly conventional 3-pass, starting with the .72OC for pass 1, and went .95SB for 2 & 3. I induced a few weepers on my neck - totally on me for messing with the angle too much. This is one very nimble DE, and I believe capable of superb results. It won't likely be replacing my Blackbird OC, but I definitely am both impressed and intrigued. Love the feel of the barberpole handle too.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Chard52142 said:
Beautiful matching sky-blue brush, soap, and AS! Must be wonderful using that razor...how does it compare to GC.84?
I'm really enjoying the New Lupo.72 and I like it slightly more than my RR G.C .84 because with a standard blade it performs well, also it is Smooth and more a Carefree shave none threatening and very efficient IMO. The top cap is a little nicer dealing with blades both removing and installing and the top cap is also a strong design. The results are spectacular for a 2 pass with pickups for my medium beard type IMO.

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Alright, as I sit down here at the computer 14 hours post-shave, now I'm officially impressed. I am not sure if I've ever been so "clean" this long after a shave. Hmmm...

Ron R

I not sure the Razorock 2nd gereration Lupo.72 looks like the Wolfman WR1. More than likely the gap is close with the 1st Generation RR Lupo's razors and appearance that were produced.
The design of 2nd Generation Lupo is a more complicated base plate to machine and produce than a lot of other similar brand name razors, The Wolfman razors are 1 notch higher in finish on certain models & more personal workmanship mostly and the Wolfman WR2 has a different design on base plate from other photo's I have seen.
HDFNWJz.jpg
Razorock Lupo .72 VS Wolfman WR1.jpg

Last edited:
2nd shave, at 24 hours since the first; pretty much just cleanup. The .72OC side is pretty mild to my face, yet does a good job of stubble removal and may be the perfect daily driver for me. I did about half of my cleanup with the .95SB side and it definitely wanted a very light touch this morning on what little there was to shave. In terms of agility, this thing is a BMW M3 on my face.

I not sure the Razorock 2nd gereration Lupo.72 looks like the Wolfman WR1. More than likely the gap is close with the 1st Generation RR Lupo's razors and appearance that were produced.
The look has always been completely different. I think it is more the geometry that was copied, with the outward appearance being unique. I think that's the better way to do it rather than a full-on copy. And it looks like the new version has further evolved into its own razor.

Can someone compare the Lupo .72 SB with the Gamechanger .84 SB in terms of blade feel, comfort, and efficiency?

I suspect the Lupo .95 would be too much for me.

Ron R

Can someone compare the Lupo .72 SB with the Gamechanger .84 SB in terms of blade feel, comfort, and efficiency?

I suspect the Lupo .95 would be too much for me.
Both excellent razors and I have both, this is just for face shaving and not head shaving.
The lupo.72 is comfortable and very efficient with a standard Gillette blade, smooth & comfortable & not threatening. Mid range.

The Game changer .84 is smooth and comfortable but not as efficient as the lupo.72 with a standard Gillette blade IMO.
Mid range<. If you want more efficiency put in a KAI SS blade(Sharp & smooth with excellent longevity) because it is a wider blade than a Standard Gillette blade by .009" or .0045 per side for more blade feel and it becomes a excellent razor for my beard type and a two pass shave with a few pickups IMO.

Both excellent razors and I have both, this is just for face shaving and not head shaving.
The lupo.72 is comfortable and very efficient with a standard Gillette blade, smooth & comfortable & not threatening. Mid range.

The Game changer .84 is smooth and comfortable but not as efficient as the lupo.72 with a standard Gillette blade IMO.
Mid range<. If you want more efficiency put in a KAI SS blade(Sharp & smooth with excellent longevity) because it is a wider blade than a Standard Gillette blade by .009" or .0045 per side for more blade feel and it becomes a excellent razor for my beard type and a two pass shave with a few pickups IMO.
plus the Lupo has the advantage of the blade posts on the top cap, rather than the base plate. I don't know who came up with that base cap blade post idea (like the Gillette Goodwill), but I've always had more trouble loading blades that way than it's worth.

Thanks.

Is the Lupo .72 as comfortable as the GC .84? Or does it give up a bit of comfort for the increased efficiency?

Put in a brand new Voskhod and lathered up with a brand new RR Bruce brush (which was excellent by the way) and did a fairly conventional 3-pass, starting with the .72OC for pass 1, and went .95SB for 2 & 3. I induced a few weepers on my neck - totally on me for messing with the angle too much. This is one very nimble DE, and I believe capable of superb results. It won't likely be replacing my Blackbird OC, but I definitely am both impressed and intrigued. Love the feel of the barberpole handle too.
I love that handle so much I got one for every razor.

Ron R

SOTD, Fri, Jan 22 2021, Completes 7 of 7 consecutive daily shaves with my New Razorock Lupo.72, Great daily driver with medium or coarse beards with regular non sensitive skin IMO. For a razor that is made to last and for wonderful performance in the mid range and great under the nose with no blade tab overhang, it will be hard to be beaten by any razor ever made possibly(Personnal technique trumps all variables when shaving still IMO) & priced right for most to purchase IMO if looking for a new 316 Stainless steel razor.:thumbup:

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo .72- Mfg 2021>.Excellent razor, very efficient, carefree shave and well designed & built.
Blade: Personna Red(6) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood- great soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26 mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips, good for scrub and lather painting IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the my cleaned face.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood with clove :thumbsup: + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my RR 2nd gen Lupo .72+ Personna Red blade.

SOTD, Fri, Jan 22nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

I like this new creation from RR. Quite smooth and efficient. 3-pass BBS with no drama whatsoever.
Much easier on the skin than GC.84 with no loss of efficiency and with the distinct blade feel still.
Frankly, I like it a bit more. Esp., looks-wise.

sotd_26012021.jpg

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i saw someone mention the Lupo mfg 2021, is there a date code in the serial number so we can tell when our Razorock was manufactured?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i saw someone mention the Lupo mfg 2021, is there a date code in the serial number so we can tell when our Razorock was manufactured?
There are no date codes on any of their razors. However, as for the Lupo, if it’s stainless steel, it was made in 2021. Only the aluminum and DLC versions were available before that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom